• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Omg the starter is super easy to remove rebuild and install!!! i removed the filter assembly for easy access to the top bolt but after i loosened it from underneath.as typical the battery side was burnt away and replacement of them was simple. i took the end off the motor to inspect the brushes and commutator and the look new but used, plenty of life on them!!

I wish I had know about this when mine went out 3 years ago. It does appear to be a very simple job and much cheaper than a new one. But I was suprised when I replaced mine it only cost $100 for a new one, not a rebuilt.

• Owner

the brush rebuild kit i will hang onto for when it needs a total overhaul. but it is in great shape! I wouldnt have known about the larry b kit or be prepped for the work without this site! Thanks Mike!

Your welcome... I've used LarryB in both the 96 Dodge Ram 1500 and in the 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (Cummins) both worked excellent... Also be aware there is a brush kit too for these starters so you really have to break something before needing a replacement...:thumbup2:

Your welcome... I've used LarryB in both the 96 Dodge Ram 1500 and in the 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (Cummins) both worked excellent... Also be aware there is a brush kit too for these starters so you really have to break something before needing a replacement...:thumbup2:

i bought the full kit, solenoid rebuild and brush rebuild. would rather have done it all at one time if needed but looks like i will have a brush set for when its needed now!