• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Returning truck to stock without programmer

Just received my Edge today and the instructions say to return your trucks ECM to stock. I have no idea if the previous owner has left a program on my truck or not. The gauges he installed points towards the idea that he did have a tune on it, anyway I can know for sure? If so, whats the best way to go about this? Or is it really not a huge issue... it says potentially ECM or engine damage can result... last thing I need right now.

Well that sucks. Either chance it and hope theres no tune, or if there is, that nothing happens. OR get charged out the ___ by a dealer to reflash. I was hoping to have my Juice hooked up right when I start the motor for the first time so I can immediately setup the Edge and begin to monitor my fuel pressure while driving. I can always hook up a test gauge to check initial start up pressure, but I won't be able to drive it. I wish the computer cleared itself while my batteries have been unhooked for the past week.

--- Update to the previous post...

Can I pull the ECM and bring it in to the dealer, or does the truck need to be attached?

Call them and ask. I was told by the dealer it had to be on the truck, but it can be done off the vehicle. Rebuilders do it, but they also seem to have a hard time building them right. Maybe thats part of their problem.

I may do that. Today COULD be the day I try starting it, if all goes well. I've got to go get a few gallons of distilled water, fill up the cooling system, hopefully receive my Fluidamr, install the Edge, then it's just a matter of bleeding the fuel, and trying to start it.

Not bad... If you figure the 320 mile ride round trip for me and $100 per shop hour for a my Dodge Dealer... Not bad at all...

Thought about talking to edge ? I doubt there's a program running in your truck - and never heard of it creating an issue (not saying it cant). Most are desintalled once programmer is removed. Call edge.