• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hmm, well I tried..

ISX

Had a guy come to me after seeing my cummins telling me how his 1st gen hit 330k miles and all this and then he says something about the fuel system wearing out and making noises and I knew the rotary pumps were lubed by fuel and suggested 2 stroke. He immediately gives me weird looks and all that so I tell him that his pump is wearing out from this ULSD cause I knew he had put atleast 100k miles of ULSD driving on it. He says ohhh no that cant be it, I use Lucas. Then tries to tell me how dumb I am for using 2 stroke. I pretty much walked away leaving it at "my truck has 315k now and fuel system dont make a peep." Just tells you how much the labels brainwash people. According to your HFRR thing ( http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cumm ... r/hfrr.htm ) Lucas makes it even worse. I just couldn't believe he was turning the 2 stroke down like it was work of the devil >:)

Nice try... I'm more careful who I tell these days. Diesel owners fine but no one near a fuel station... oh, those bottles? "They're my measured doses of fuel additive... I just reuse the quart bottles." We'll see who's VP44 is still standing!!Russ

So right! ULSD "Recommended for all diesels" (label on the pumps)... by a stroke of the pen, not by any engine maker! The lawmakers do NOT repair our trucks damaged by ULSD. They do not care about us, they are busy looking out for the "greater good!" These are the same folks who did cash for clunkers... in which perfectly serviceable cars, trucks had their motors destroyed, prohibitted reusing any of the drive line. WTF!?

• Owner

Had a guy come to me after seeing my cummins telling me how his 1st gen hit 330k miles and all this and then he says something about the fuel system wearing out and making noises and I knew the rotary pumps were lubed by fuel and suggested 2 stroke. He immediately gives me weird looks and all that so I tell him that his pump is wearing out from this ULSD cause I knew he had put atleast 100k miles of ULSD driving on it. He says ohhh no that cant be it, I use Lucas. Then tries to tell me how dumb I am for using 2 stroke. I pretty much walked away leaving it at "my truck has 315k now and fuel system dont make a peep." Just tells you how much the labels brainwash people. According to your HFRR thing ( http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cumm ... r/hfrr.htm ) Lucas makes it even worse. I just couldn't believe he was turning the 2 stroke down like it was work of the devil >:)

Well you tried... I've gotten several weird looks and such from other when I'm pouring out a dose of 2 cycle oil on my tailgate... I just keep doing it and so far I'm at 106K miles on the VP44 and I plan on going for the long haul... I hope my VP44 gear puller get used on many other VP44 other than my own... LOL The funny part is these people are the very same people will to dump WVO or WEO/WMO in the fuel tank... :thud

It's a marathon, not a sprint!!!

So true... It is a marathon... I still got my crosshairs set on 200K miles...

Nice try... I'm more careful who I tell these days. Diesel owners fine but no one near a fuel station... oh, those bottles? "They're my measured doses of fuel additive... I just reuse the quart bottles." We'll see who's VP44 is still standing!! Russ

Yeap... Well see who's left standing in the pile...

Well ever since ULSD came out I've been running AMSOIL Diesel Concentrate and AMSOIL Interceptor in my 2002. The Diesel Concentrate for detergency, fuel stability, etc. Even though the Diesel Concentrate is one of the better additives for lubricity, as shown in Mopar1973Man's HFFR chart, I add the Interceptor 2 stroke to ensure lubricity. And I'm lucky that even today I can still get LSD #2 diesel in my area, but it is getting harder to find. I find that I don't try to take the hour necessary to explain the lubricity logic to people anymore, I just tell them to go to this site and READ.-Chuck