• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How long to install injectors

• Owner

I know the Edge Comp has a software bug. You might want to try setting all main levels to having a sublevel of 5 and try again. 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5 Then set it to 5x5... What I've found is let say you set.4x1 and 5x5 and running 5x5 the 4x1 will pull down the 5x5 and make it run weak and doggy. But now switch to 4x1 increase it to 4x5 and then flip back to 5x5 it will roll with authority!!! :wink:

• Like 1

Thanks i checked and all settings are 1x5, 2x5, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5, i think maybe the fueling settings are not working,i have 12 volts key on at tap and im using the stealth cover, i got 12 volts then turned it a little more according to instructions. Weird though when i was putting the cover on you can see no wire that it taps, must just go through the gel. I wonder if the wire would be more defined and sure of tap.

Great point i thought that while seeing bad results on scanner as well as scangauge, so i purchased a new map sensor and readings are stable, will the comp work without the map sensor part connected, just to see if it fuels?

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, just found this thread and have a question. I just replaced my VP-44 and it was not that hard, but had new injectors in hand at the same time and after looking at what it would take to get to the injector lines for the back two cylinders, I put it back together without doing the injectors.How in the world do you guys get to the stuff on the back two cylinders??? Thx, FT

You must remove the engine lift ring, then you can use a open end to break the lines loose, then i used a stubby wrench to finish removing them. i also take the 2 wire bulk heads off their hangers and move them aside.My first time took 2 hours, and that's with a couple back rest breaks. Also loosen the blue hold downs on the lines, and that makes moving the lines easier.

• 2 months later...

We did it a lot faster than 4 hours!

true - but you were directing and slapping me to speed it up for dinner Since then I either have problems wtih the back of the VP44 (need a stubbier wrench) or with the connection tubes (couldnt get one out and took me forever and stripped all the threads) ... or leaks post button up .... Went with teh appraoch of not removingh lines from abck of VP44 .... probably quicker - but not easier as its tight clearance especially on #3 if changing connector o-rings also

• Owner

true - but you were directing and slapping me to speed it up for dinner

Since then I either have problems wtih the back of the VP44 (need a stubbier wrench) or with the connection tubes (couldnt get one out and took me forever and stripped all the threads) ... or leaks post button up ....

Went with teh appraoch of not removingh lines from abck of VP44 .... probably quicker - but not easier as its tight clearance especially on #3 if changing connector o-rings also

Now that's funny... :lmao::lmao2:

But ISX is a good teacher and mechanic of the group.

24V injectors take a bit of time to do correctly but there is a lot of short cuts that gain time.