• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How long to install injectors

Please fill out your signature, so that we (as a whole) can better serve you ;)If you're talking 24V, I'd guess about an hour or two, having not done it, but pulled my valve cover this past weekend, and eye-balled them.12V, probably an hour, as you don't have to pull the valve cover, nor mess with crossover tubes.

Remove the 4 or 5 8mm bolts holding the lines to the head and then you have a little wiggle room. I dont bend the lines but just put a little pressure on them and they will move. Back the tubes out with a small flat screwdriver and then pop out the injectors. Thread a valve cover bolt into the injectors and pop them out with a pair of bent head needle nose pliers. You only have to remove the 8mm injector hold down bolt that is closest to the exhaust valve ( one on the left).

Yes Pepsi i believe it was. Well job went off with only minor problems like breaking loose the engine lift ring, and popping in the last injector as well as getting at that back line. But no leaks good clean job, sounds good, haven't really got on it, but was expecting a lil more punch from the rv275. I installed new Bosch injectors so i can keep my originals. Thanks for all the help guys, it was greatly appreciated.

Well i took it on a highway run, with comp on 5x5 and it was quick, but no smoke at all, but maybe that's because i have the comp on 5x5 all the time. im starting to think my injection pump just doesn't have what it takes. I do not want smoke but i did expect to have the need to turn the comp down. But that was just a 3/4 mile shot from one ramp to the other, i floored it on the ramp all the way to 80mph, then coasted a bit and exited. well at least it runs good.