• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OK ,I have 1 suction line ,coming from the AD, 1 return line coming from the AD there is a smaller line hooked up that is connected to the the other connection next to the AD return line ,is that line needed I have to follow it I think it goes to the back of motor will have to follow it tomorrow after work,

instead of the nylon tube connected to the corrugated tube I might switch the nylon for a metal tube

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if when I connected the fuel canister back up if that has something to do with the hard starting also ?

I purchased the fittings for the top of the canister and spliced in between the AD and injection pump ,I shouldn't get any ill affects from doing that should I?

The third line on your fuel basket is the engine fuel return line. Yes you need it.

I just brought home a alluminum tube the same diameter 1/2 ID it fit snugly into the corrugated flex tube that AD supplied, I used new fuel injection type hose clamps that work great I ditched the nylon tube I am satisfied that I have a very good seal now . The engine return line has a short rubber hose with a quick connect I also changed the hose clamp on that . Dose the return line that come from the AD and the engine just dump back into the tank? Reason I ask the 2 internal flex lines are cut off the TEE and the TEE was completely removed and the 2 lines just hang there. My next Item is to remove the quick connect to the AD on the suction side and on the return I just don't trust them ,I am running out of things to change . Can hooking up the fuel canister cause these hard starts now?:banghead:

Thanks for all the input everyone , like I said drop the tank and pulled the fuel module I hooked a air hose to the suction side of the module and plugged the end of the pick up line and submerged into a 5 gall on of water and pushed about 5lb of air through the line and found 2 air leaks one outside the module at the aluminum suction fitting supplied by airdog where one piece screws into the other and 1 leak at the plastic corrugated tube where the hose clamp connects the the aluminum fitting I guess the hose clamp cut the tube ,anyway I put all back together primed the system and it fired up now I will let it set over night to see if it looses its prime ,it used to start up with 1 crank of the starter but when it got to half tank it got worse we will see I will chime back latter in the week see how far I can go