• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

radio problems on 2001

just recently had the same problem, thought it was a short. checked the connection, still had power. turns out the stock speakers just arent that good:shrug:

This statement is not 100% accurate, but is more-so, an opinion :)

My '97 still has original stereo and speakers, and it sounds great!... ...For what it is, which is stock, and 15 yrs old.

Having been in the mobile audio/video industry, I can attest that the 2nd Gen factory radio with factory speakers will produce better sound quality with an RTA (Real Time Analyzer)

than say, a Pioneer CD player with the OE speakers, or the OE radio with aftermarket speakers. Either way, you will lose much of the mid-base/mid-range driver quality. The OE stuff is designed to work together, as a set.

Now, an aftermarket radio AND aftermarket speakers is a different animal, especially when combined with an amp.

This statement is not 100% accurate, but is more-so, an opinion :) My '97 still has original stereo and speakers, and it sounds great!... ...For what it is, which is stock, and 15 yrs old. Having been in the mobile audio/video industry, I can attest that the 2nd Gen factory radio with factory speakers will produce better sound quality with an RTA (Real Time Analyzer) than say, a Pioneer CD player with the OE speakers, or the OE radio with aftermarket speakers. Either way, you will lose much of the mid-base/mid-range driver quality. The OE stuff is designed to work together, as a set. Now, an aftermarket radio AND aftermarket speakers is a different animal, especially when combined with an amp.

guess i should have clarrified:doh:, the stock speakers were great until i went with an aftermarket unit with a sub and amp. thats when the speaker started popping and cutting out. i did replace it with a stock speaker and havent had any problems since:thumb1: