• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Armored Truck Pulls up........

JAG1

• Staff

Was at a stoplight the other day and an armored truck pulls up along side. A longer than usual red light, I notice a guard sitting in back of the truck next to side window. We exchanged a few glances so I rub two fingers together, giving the sign for big money. We smiled. Then he waits for the green light and just before taking off, gives another big smile and shows me this 3 foot long double stacked clear plastic bag full of new bills. I smile back in a state of shock:lol::lol:. Couldn't believe what I just saw.....Wouldn't that be a nice truck?:lol:

Rogan, You tankers and your buckle boots!!! lol What was the MOS then, 11 Echo? I was a 12Bravo. running around digging holes for you guys to fire from (hide in :))! That look like some armored battalion was going home from Ft Irwin, NTC deployment. The mix of Bradleys and M-1's just drips cavalry, the camera was too shaky to see if a few were outfitted as command vehicles. When we went came home it kinda looked like that except it was all deuces and 5 ton dumps (M 929), loaders, SEEs and D-8 and D-9s. Hag

The MOS's changed after I got out. Engineers are 21 now(no longer 12's) When did the armor change? Did you have buckle boots or velcro? (I am guessing that the velcro came in in the mid 90's. Our company XO was off active duty armor, and I really liked his boots. That was always so cool. I think he had some later that looked like lace up, but actually had a zipper up the side.)I got to looking, boy the new engineering vehicles are really cool the JCB has got to be tough, (it looks like it can do a bunch more than a SEE and can basically keep up with the Abrams and Bradleys) and the new MRAP and Buffalo variant. I really liked the MCLC (beat the snot out of a mine detector and bayonet...) and the GEMSS (beat the snot out of digging) ahhh the good ole days...Hag

Great pictures of the boots!!! (I think those are the best looking ones in the army. I liked those over the Corcorans the paras wore.)

can't match our gloves though!! (lets see if this works.)

Posted Image

notice the ones in the center.... with the big staples in it.

Not sure where I remember the 11E as Mos for armor crew. (kinda odd now thinking about it, as the 11 is usually infantry related, 11B ground pounder, 11C mortar, etc) so maybe the 11E was armored cav or mechanized infantry.

I was in late 80's to early 90's.

Hag

my kung-fu on hot linking pictures is not very good today.:shrug:

I helped you on your hotlink ;) you forgot the / in the closing %7Boption%7D brackets.

11E was a tanker, but up into the 60s Vietnam era. I think in the mid 70s-to-80s, it was changed to the 19-class; I don't know exactly when it was changed.

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR]

[TD]11B

[/TD]

[TD]Infantryman (Grunt)[/TD]

[TD]11B web page[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11C[/TD]

[TD]Indirect Fire Infantryman (Mortarman)[/TD]

[TD]11C web page[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11D

[/TD]

[TD]Armored Reconnaissance (Scout)[/TD]

[TD]Coming Soon![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11E

[/TD]

[TD]Armored Crewman (Tanker)[/TD]

[TD]11E web page[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11H

[/TD]

[TD]Infantry Direct Fire Crewman[/TD]

[TD]Coming Soon![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

19K (pronounced one niner kilo using the phonetic alphabet) is the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) for the United States Army's M1 Armor Crewman (i.e. a crew member aboard an M1 Abrams tank).

[h=2]Qualifications[/h] Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. One must possess the following qualifications:

[*]Physical Demands Rating = Very heavy

[*]Physical profile (The PULHES Factor) = 111121 or better

[*]Correctable vision of 20/20 in one eye and 20/100 in other eye

[*]Normal color vision

[*]A minimum score, of 90 in aptitude area CO (ASVAB/GT score)

[*]Formal training (completion of MOS 19K course conducted under the auspices of U.S. Army Armor School) mandatory

[*]The highest rank an individual may reclassify into MOS 19K is rank of SGT (E-5).

• Like 1

:whistle:

I helped you on your hotlink ;) you forgot the / in the closing %7Boption%7D brackets.

11E was a tanker, but up into the 60s Vietnam era. I think in the mid 70s-to-80s, it was changed to the 19-class; I don't know exactly when it was changed.

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR]

[TD]11B

[/TD]

[TD]Infantryman (Grunt)

[/TD]

[TD]11B web page

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11C

[/TD]

[TD]Indirect Fire Infantryman (Mortarman)

[/TD]

[TD]11C web page

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11D

[/TD]

[TD]Armored Reconnaissance (Scout)

[/TD]

[TD]Coming Soon!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11E

[/TD]

[TD]Armored Crewman (Tanker)

[/TD]

[TD]11E web page

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11H

[/TD]

[TD]Infantry Direct Fire Crewman

[/TD]

[TD]Coming Soon!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

19K (pronounced one niner kilo using the phonetic alphabet) is the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) for the United States Army's M1 Armor Crewman (i.e. a crew member aboard an M1 Abrams tank).

Qualifications

Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. One must possess the following qualifications:

[*]Physical Demands Rating = Very heavy

[*]Physical profile (The PULHES Factor) = 111121 or better

[*]Correctable vision of 20/20 in one eye and 20/100 in other eye

[*]Normal color vision

[*]A minimum score, of 90 in aptitude area CO (ASVAB/GT score)

[*]Formal training (completion of MOS 19K course conducted under the auspices of U.S. Army Armor School) mandatory

[*]The highest rank an individual may reclassify into MOS 19K is rank of SGT (E-5).

I started my service in Sept. 1980 as a 19D Cavalry Scout. So the 19 MOS came out prior to that, as everybody at the time was very familiar, with that designator. You would think that if it was recent, I would have heard the 11D moniker at least once. Never heard it in my entire time in service.

Tanker, Tanker, don't be blue.........................

DAT

11bang bang, 11bush beater

Ahhhh those were the days.

:whistle:

19D MOS the only MOS in the Army that had to know aspects of every other Combat MOS to pass an SQT. Also the only non-Infantry MOS eligable for the EIB in peace time and CIB after a tour in a combat theater.

Ahhhh,That's what it was. I was in the reserves, and most of our sgts and up were 'Nam vets. So I probably picked it up from them. (edit: it could have been a "joke" to be calling you by the older name, I just didn't get it... lol now that's funny!!!)We usually just got to see you guys moving (trying to keep from getting run over!!!) don't have a clue how you guys maneuvered buttoned up!!! We would go in and dig defilades for ambushes or main battle positions. or tank ditches and obstacles trying to force a maneuver element into a kill zone. The M1's had just become our main battle tank (a lot of the national guard units still had M60's and M42 "dusters") when I was in. Saw Sheridans the most though, since we were an 82nd asset. So it was 19K in 80. Wow, so it must have been the mid 70's when they changed. (edit, just saw the new post)Thanks for fixing my link!!!Hag

we did a lot of trailing with the Sheridan guys at Bragg, firing tank tables and such. Buttoned-up maneuvering is tricky, as you use periscope prism 'vision blocks', which really limits your view.I started out on the M60A3 (19E), then OJTd to the M1s (19K) at Ft. Drum, NY. The hull-down/turret-down positions were always fun. I can only imagine the opposition's thoughts when our 65 tonner fired, or wheeled out of the hole! I ETS'd as an E5 (19K20) in '94.Vitesse et Puissance! KillerKats!