• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tim the TOOL Man Taylor

jlwelding

I need somebody to tell me if you can still get a 3.5 gal flush toilet, new. I have built a new house and I have to push solids about 50'. These cheap home depot toilets dont use 1.5 gal and I feel it is not enough water to push that far. This is the second time I have had to rent a snake.

I believe Big Brother has legislated the 3.5 gallon flushers out of the market. You might try looking for some older style toilets from a house being renovated or torn down. The toilets in my house flush maybe a gallon or so but I have learned that if you hold the flush handle down during the entire flush and let the entire tank drain into the flush, this is enough to push those stubborn "spuds" to their destination. I had the same problem as you until I started flushing in this manner. You might give it a try and see if it works for you.

I feel for ya buddy. I have had some luck setting the water level as high as possible & manipulating the handle as described. I even thought of splicing on to extend the overflow tube higher to increase water capacity but in my case it was not necessary so I did not bother. Best of Luck,Russ

Edited by flagmanruss

Have you considered a "courtesy flush" or a "double flush"??? They're the same thing with different wording!! Without being to graphic: when you're done doing number 2, flush the toilet. Then wipe your behind like normal and flush the toilet again. That avoids the depth charges/mud slides/Obamas trying to get through the pipes with only 1.5 gallons of water for help!!!

I need somebody to tell me if you can still get a 3.5 gal flush toilet, new. I have built a new house and I have to push solids about 50'. These cheap home depot toilets dont use 1.5 gal and I feel it is not enough water to push that far. This is the second time I have had to rent a snake.

hello 3.5 is only going to found in an old house being torn out or antique store.The gentleman was right, fed. gov. put limit to 1.5gal. on all water closets (toilets) both residential and commercal use. Did you install your plumbing in yor new home or did you have a a plumbing contractor install? I am guessing that PVC (white in color) or ABS ( black in color) plastic pipe used? Have you been able to tell blockage location when you rent sewer cable? Has the blockage been about same location both times? The reason I ask is i.5 toilets yet no being the best, they should and do work properly as long as the drainage system they are connected to are working as they should.I am thinking you either dont have enough fall on your sewer,you have to much fall(yes this can be a problem because the water runs past solids and does not promote scouring action in system)or last there can be a small burr that can grab a piece of tp then another and after a few flushes you have a stopped up sewer.One more thing the ladies in the house I am sure the know not to flush there femal product down toilet.Those thins are the perfict sewer blockers. sorry so long hope this helps .do not know a lot about diesels but i have been a journeyman plumber for 24 years.

hello One more thing the ladies in the house I am sure the know not to flush there femal product down toilet.Those thins are the perfict sewer blockers. sorry so long hope this helps .do not know a lot about diesels but i have been a journeyman plumber for 24 years.

Many in the military are carrying them for that very reason!!!! Stick a tampon in a bullet wound and you've got instant swelling of said product and thus blood stoppage or at least blood slowage. They can save lives of our military members!!!! That said, you've got to "TRAIN" many of the female gender not the "flush" them!!!!!!!

Have you considered a "courtesy flush" or a "double flush"??? They're the same thing with different wording!! Without being to graphic: when you're done doing number 2, flush the toilet. Then wipe your behind like normal and flush the toilet again. That avoids the depth charges/mud slides/Obamas trying to get through the pipes with only 1.5 gallons of water for help!!!

. Ive read through your toilet issue and IIm still cracking up laughing....I can't believe this humor....it is absolutely priceless. Can I copy this out and had deliver it to some choice friends? Still laughing and tears running down my face. Love this....:lmao2:

Many in the military are carrying them for that very reason!!!! Stick a tampon in a bullet wound and you've got instant swelling of said product and thus blood stoppage or at least blood slowage. They can save lives of our military members!!!! That said, you've got to "TRAIN" many of the female gender not the "flush" them!!!!!!!

I'm a Celox man myself. :burnout:

. Ive read through your toilet issue and IIm still cracking up laughing....I can't believe this humor....it is absolutely priceless. Can I copy this out and had deliver it to some choice friends? Still laughing and tears running down my face. Love this....:lmao2:

We aim to please MM!!!! However, it's not all fun and games here............there was serious, factual information that could be gleaned from my post unless you're too preoccupied reading on "the throne" to realize you're creating a plumbing "conundrum"!!!

My Tenant called last night with a partial blockage. Seens when they drain the bath tub, water backs out the washing machine drain in the basement. This is a one bath cottage, so the pipes are pretty short. ABS to cast iron through the wall to a recent tank 10' from the house. Since it's a distance from my home, the tenant (my niece & BF) are going to get the snake man in.Russ

• 2 weeks later...

1. don't buy the cheapest toilet 2. if you have a cheap toilet try getting a piece of rubber hose and making the overflow pipe a little taller and then tweak the float stop to allow more water. Make sure that it does not leak, or that the amount of water will not immediacy overflow the toilet in the case of a blockage...... 3.get this one http://www.fishnflush.com/iq_fnf/ at least you will have something to do while you are waiting for teh clog to fix itself....