• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Neat Diesel Info

ISX

I just got schooled on how to do all the library research crap at college and of course I went after diesel topics while I'm on break (now) and I just found something incredible that answers a LOT of problems that most of us don't have the means to prove/disprove.

It is a PDF and I think it is public, guess I'll find out when I go to jail. I'm pretty sure its a publication on the internet but I can never find stuff like that through google.

Anyways, there will be questions about all the acronyms and I already spent a while finding them all so I'll make your alls life easy lol.

IMEP--Indicated Mean Effective Pressure: Basically the compression pressure of an engine.

MFB50--Mass Fraction Burnt 50%: When half of the fuel has been phase changed (into heat), so basically the point of combustion. I assume they average the start and end points of fuel combustion so they have a single "point" of combustion since the process of the fuel combusting is not a point but rather a range..

I think this is all of them. The file is a PDF meaning you need abobe reader to open it.

EDIT: I just noticed a lot of definitions are at the very bottom of the file, so scroll to the bottom of it for stuff I mighta missed. Between that and what I posted under here, you should be all filled in.

CRC [Fuels]--:is a company

HCCI--Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition: Fancy term for a diesel engine, or the diesel principle rather.

ISFC--Indicated Specific Fuel Consumption: Measure of fuel rate.

NOx--Nitrogen Oxide: Pollutant that emissions try and control.

HC--HydroCarbons: Another emissions pollutant.

CO--Carbon Monoxide: Another emissions pollutant.

Aromatic%--: I think this has to do with emissions from the exhaust, maybe soot levels.

Lambda--: Air to Fuel Ratio

T90--: Temperature where 90% of the fuel volume evaporates. This means T50 is when 50% evaporates..

Pub15621.pdf

• Like 3

You will enjoy yourself. :) Have fun ISX. And there are way more than that... if there is an IC (internal combustion) engine course after thermodynamics and heat transfer, take it if the instructor is good.

I downloaded it.............to read later. Danke!!!:cool::thumbup2:

Same here :lol: I am taking everything they got. They have an aerospace minor which deals with all the other "-dynamics" and I don't want to miss anything. I am just in gen eds for now. Never had calculus so I have to get all that taken care of.

I have found a lot of books so I gotta go in and check them out but I found another PDF on the differences between ULSD (they call it BP15) and biodiesel of different vegetable oil ratios. This one is very interesting as most of the test was on a 235HP 24V. It's not the newer common rail, it says its standard HP is 235 and the CR's started at 305 so it's a VP44 engine they are testing and the shots inside the combustion chamber were on the cummins as well, so :drool:

828945.pdf

• Like 1