• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Will RV275s Help My Towing Mileage?

I remember when I 1st started on this site Michael, you used to post about the order of mods we should do to our trucks that you recommend.

Would you please state those again, or any of the knowledge that you've gleaned along the way.:smart:

Thanks,

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Also do you have any of the pix that you are using now for the wall paper of your site. I want to check it out better, Truck & camp setup look Sweet!

Dave

when i tow my 30 ft trailer or a excavator. I only get around 13 or 14. But i am running 150hp injectors. Last year running from Portland to Lewiston i got 15. But that was all highway and i was running my boxes stacked. Only issue is my cruise control isn't smooth because it takes no throttle to keep it moving on flat ground so it lurches. That was by hand so it was probably lower. I was taking two log grapples and a boom sections what ever they weight.

• 3 weeks later...

I just popped in some +60 HP injectors the other week and I'm still in the fun stage. I may or may not have done 60 to 100 rips on the highway this morning with another 24v and a square body 7.3...after that I did a refill hand calculated got 15.1 mpg (16 overhead) and that was 75% or more around town driving. I'm more than willing to bet my numbers are up from stock (if I can keep my foot off it). My previous high in stock form was 19-20 mpg highway trip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Who'd you get your 60's from? Are they clean or a little hazy? Thx

Clean clean clean. With the upgraded fuel system and injectors maybe I got a puff on cold start, but that's it. With the Edge EZ it does puff at cold start then it clears up in seconds. I only get a little smoke when I PURPOSELY lug it in overdrive
  • Like 1