• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

To all members on the East Coast

MoparMom

Just got a phone call from Pepsi and he states that they are bringing in fire wood and food, etc in preparation for this incoming storm. Flagmanruss, let us please hear from you and how you are doing, and all the other members on the East Coast. Let us hear from you, please. Keep us informed. Love MoparMom

• Like 1

Rhode Island is latest forecast to get 75 mph winds + gusts, they've lowered the rain prediction. The state is still fretting the storm surge... Narragansett Bay acts as a funnel & as the water is driven in... it gets higher... which is why, after 1938 a hurricane barrier was built. Times like these I don't miss my family ownership of a marina! In the face of one approaching hurricane we hauled boats out for 3 days, dawn to dusk... when we stopped we had 75 boats on shore & probably an equal number that left on trailers. The interesting thing was the slips we emptied quickly filled with boats from more exposed anchorages... They arrived after dark, owners unknown. I have a sales contract for my small walk-to-the-beach cottage... my own home at that time. The open ocean is about a mile due South. The home inspector found some repairs (of course) & I've gotten them all repaired. We WERE to have the CLOSING tomorrow but the buyers postponed a week on some pretext... That was good guess work on their part! LOL!! Assuming the big arse maple in the front yard doesn't come down... If it comes down, it'll hit something... The street & utilities, the electric service (mine & neighbors), neighbor's house, my cottage. Hopefully it will be someone else's problem in 7 days. The flooding lines are uncertain as there were only hay fields there in the record Hurricane of 1938... but my estimation is that the site was under water. My residence is well inland... I expect power outages but the camper is a back up.Russ

i ran around today and took some pictures after we did all of our moving around.Unlike Irene, Sandy is coming in to make landfall on a double whammy of a high tide, and a Full moon. I am comparing this however to more of a Ash Wednesday storm, (a.k.a the flood of 1962). Where similar both hurricanes didn't have high winds, but had nothing but a wall of wind, enough wind to keep the water from receding, especially since the march storm was 5 cycles of high tides, where as here the tide dropped a meer 1-2 feet today, unlike the normal tide drop.Two hours past low and the local Marina (where one of our boats are stored) is about 1.5 feet above water as week speak. I expect most of my town to be at sea level by tomorrow night. Were lucky where i live, we live on a 14 foot tall hill, that goes around my house and to my neighbors to the left. Well our house is 14 feet above sea level, so we should be fine minus the basement. For some odd reason unknown to god the road is actually cut through my street where our house is, which makes for a huge dip in the road, and if it rains heavy enough it always fills up.in preparations for the flood we have picked up additional fuel, another 30 gallons of gas, along with my blue dodge (another 17 or so) with 47 gallons of gas should last us a while.we also grabbed our pond water pump out, and jerry rigged a hose to it as an additional sump pump if needed. And Firewood, because if the power goes out we most likely will be burning firewood for heat.I'll be uploading pictures soon of my adventures today.

I as watching the weather report and with what they were saying, it appears the storm will split into 2 major fronts when it gets to land. One will enter land and dumps wind and rain while raising the sea levels at shoreline. Then the second center will be building strength and enter land bringing more. Like a double whammy and one heck of a lot of water.Wishing nothing but safety and easier weather results to all you nor-easters.

• Owner

Hey gang... You guys on the coast fighting back the weather. Please be smart and stay under cover and be safe! But after its all said and done please contact other family members here for assistance. I'm sure that there is helping hands here willing to help out. So please don't think you alone we are all behind you guys!Be safe! :hug:

Mother nature sure does have her way of reminding us how miniscule we all are. We are several hundred miles inland and they are forecasting several inches of rain over the next few days (weve already gotten over 2") and sustained winds of 40 with gusts up to 60. All from a storm that was created over the ocean 500 miles away. Incredible. Stay safe everyone!

Weve gotten 4" as of this morning clear up on lake erie all related to sandy. Watching the local news people close to WV/OH border have gotten nearly 3 ft of snow. If we see a drop of a few degrees we could see some of that its right on the edge of rain/ sleet.

For anyone who has direct tv channel 325 is dedicated to nonstop coverage of any natural disasters that may be taking place. Was watching for a few minutes earlier it looks like those in NJ and NY have been hit the hardest the storm hit with a 14 ft surge and flooded inland a good ways. 6.5 million without power. Good news is the worst is over so hopefully with daylight people will be able to assess the damage.

- - - Updated - - -

post-11861-138698193299_thumb.jpg

Not a very good pic but this is the break wall at lakeshore park yesterday near where i live. Thats a light pole off to the right and the water was slamming the break wall and splashing 5 to 10 feet above the pole. Weve been seeing 20 footers coming on shore for the last 24 hours. Now this may seem insignificant compared to what the coast is seeing but remember we are over 8 hours drive from the coast. This is all Sandy related. Quite incredible were seeing this kind of weather from a storm so far away.