• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injectors, vacuum pump, etc...

All right, more newbie questions. Thanks in advance for the patience and info!I'm in the middle of replacing my vacuum/ps pumps. Also have a new set of injectors to install, as well as Big Line kit & fuel gauge. I was planning on doing each task individually, but after pulling the V & PS pumps out I realized how much easier it would be to get them back in with out the intake and APPS sensor in the way. Since they need to be removed for changing injectors, I'm wondering if there is any reason I can't pull them, re-install the V & PS pumps, install the Big Line kit, gauge, and new injectors, put everything back together, bleed the fuel system, fire her up, & then bleed the PS system & be done with it.Yes or No?At dripley, whitelghtnin, & diesel4life, thanks for the input in gauge wiring.At haggar, thanks for the heads up on fixinrams.BTW, a remanned vacuum pump at Napa is $460, local Stealership price is $960! Both include the vacuum to PS adapter. According to Stealership (as well as Napa) you can't get just the adapter...

Krj,No the adapter is not available by itself from cummins. (that is why I was saying call the guys at fixin rams, he will sell you just the adapter if he has one.) In fact cummins looks at the vacuum pump as 1 assembly, no parts in inventory except for the seal kit. I found that out as I needed the coupling half that was on the vacuum pump side (not the ps side) that was how I found Gould gear and electric. They have all the internal parts from rebuilds and such, and make the parts that are unavailable.You did something wrong if the vacuum pump and ps pump was not easy to remove... you take it out as one assembly and it is really easy. The hardest problem I had coming out, was removing the ps lines. Going in, it was remembering to leave the bracket on the block loose, and rotating it into position as I slipped it back in.That being said, I see no reason you can't go ahead and pull the upper intake and apps out of the way.Check the cummins price on the pump also btw. Again I would get a rebuilt from gould if I had to.Hag

Hag, thanks for the heads up on Gould.Got your message after I had already bought a new (remanned) pump from Napa. My time is limited and, as stated earlier, a local shop was recommending a replacement anyway. While not extremely difficult to get out (as far as I can tell I did nothing wrong), it was much easier to get in with the intake and TPS out of the way.Thanks again for the info. And now on to a new newbie thread...Kevin