• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

smarty programmer

I need someone with a smarty programmer that lives with in 100 miles of Wenatchee, WA. I called the amazing dealership to have then flash my 1998.5 24v to get the high idle and 3 cylinder turned on and they had no idea or clue what i was talking about and basically told me they cant help me. But they could take a look for 75 bucks and see what they can figure out. I will be going to Boise the day after thanksgiving so any takers on using a smarty on on my truck please.

Only 1 smarty per truck. If someone put their smarty on your truck, they wouldn't be able to flash theirs. It VIN locks to that PCM/ECM.

You can still check codes on any truck with a VIN locked smarty.

Smarty S-03s typically go for 450 used. I had my high idle flashed on my last truck at the dealer before the smarty though, and it ran about $80.

- - - Updated - - -

Only 1 smarty per truck. If someone put their smarty on your truck, they wouldn't be able to flash theirs. It VIN locks to that PCM/ECM.

You can still check codes on any truck with a VIN locked smarty.

Smarty S-03s typically go for 450 used. I had my high idle flashed on my last truck at the dealer before the smarty though, and it ran about $80.

ok i will have to call the dealership back a tell them to figure there crap out. When i take my truck in it is like i am taking them a truck from mars. It took me three trips to get them to figure out how to start it. I have my lift pump hard wired with a switch in my cab and they just keep telling me that i have injections pump that was bad and i need a new one. Well i just had brought it in the have the transmission serviced. I got in it after coming down during lunch pulled it in to there bay and showed the guy twice what he had to do to get fuel to it. He called me that after noon and left a message telling me that it has low fuel pressure and they would like to take the lift pump off and replace it. Well once again they didn't have the lift pump running. Final call of the day, which i answered "yeah we got your truck in the shop trying to figure out this low fuel pressure issue we believe that you need a life pump and we cant locate it and believe some has by passed it. How long have you had this truck and how much do you know about it." I about fell over dead at that point i just old the guy ill be down in 30 mins to pick it up did you service my transmission and no they didn't the wasted a whole day of there time. I ended up doing it my self.

I am not 100% on the VP trucks, but on the CR's if you flash and deflash a truck the fast idle setting stays programmed. So someone could load and then unload a Smarty tune and the 3 cyl fast idle would stay.

Interesting... I know the ABS speedo doesn't stay, but the 3cyl idle may. Worth a shot I guess.

I am not 100% on the VP trucks, but on the CR's if you flash and deflash a truck the fast idle setting stays programmed. So someone could load and then unload a Smarty tune and the 3 cyl fast idle would stay.

This is true. The Smarty has the latest software, so when you return the other truck to stock they get the latest update which includes the high and 3 cylinder idle. I've done it a couple times, but I'm way more than 100 miles from you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, AH. The owner of the smarty will have to return his truck to stock, download a performance tune to the "donor" truck, and then return that truck back to stock. All the updates will remain. If you are running oversized tires you can also have your speedo recalibrated.

I have a cheap super chip that i use to program my speedo. I just need a smarty to load the latest updates. So if anyone out there for central Washington to the Boise area has one that is willing to flash my truck. That would that would be amazing. I had a edge programmer up till about a 4 months ago but my 3 year old decided slash it and it was dead. :doh: So i am in the market for something new. Once mamma cuts me free which should be February. Really not sure what i should get at this point.