• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ordered some RV275s and transfer tube o rings CAN'T WAIT!!! to try them out :)

I just got done ordering some RV275s from DAP. They have some really good prices and offered free shipping to Canada. I couldn't go wrong. I can't wait to see how much better it will run with them. My injectors are stock and have 456,000kms on them. I hope my auto trans is up to it :) I have changed out the HY turbo for the HX like you guys recommended and it helped, but looking for just a bit more power. My next move will be a Edge Comp box instead of the EZ. Thanks for all the good ideas I've learned here so far. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet.

• Like 1

I am looking to get a set of the rv275's pretty soon. Apart from the injectors, what else should I get when I do the swap? I am not all that sure what goes into an injector swap so I am not sure what extra parts to get.

I got the new "o" rings for the transfer tubes. I maybe should have picked up a valve cover gasket, but I think they are reuseable. I never checked if the injectors come with the copper or brass washers but I think they do??? I'm going to set the valves when I'm in there also. I think I'll paint the valve cover intense blue like the truck while its off just to be different. I watched pepsioceans youtube video on doing the injector swap, but I think I'm going to try to do them without taking the hardlines off the pump end. For sure I'm doing his garbage bag idea to keep crud from falling into the engine from the insulation on the firewall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm running the 275's and yes there was a nice power difference over the stock injectors.

Hey War Eagle I noticed in you sig that you are running the HX35/40 hybrid. How do you like it? Is it slower to spool up than the HX35 was? I can notice my HX spools slower than the HY did and wondering if the hybrid would be worse yet??

@ Zuk,I haven't noticed much difference, but I've only driven it for 50 miles (it's not my daily driver). I don't have a programmer. I'm probably not your best litmus test, as power was not my motivation. My injectors had 200K+ on them and I'm heading to Baja for a couple months; injector swap was more preventative measures than upgrade. I choose the RV275 over stock in hopes to improve fuel efficiency. @Ilikeoldfords,Get new O rings for the connector tubes. Watch pepsi71oceans youtube videos on injector installs. In addition to everything he removes, I also removed the engine hoist hook to ease in getting the valve cover off. It's not that hard, just a bit awkward back there on 5 and 6. This site is a wealth of knowledge if you have any questions. Good luck.