• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OEM fuel heater element for 2000 - 2002 fuel filter cannisters?

I am trying to find an OEM replacement kit for the fuel heater element on the fuel filter cannister for my and my wife's truck. I am getting reading that these are getting very difficult to get and are no longer in production??? Is this true??? :confused:

Anyone know where they can be purchased? I understand they are a Cummins Filtration item and the part number is:

3928013-S

Can anyone verify this or provide the correct part number? Thanks.

• Owner

On a quick search of the web I found that its is obsoloeted as far as I can find...:wow:http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/24-valve-engine-transmission-1998-5-2002/176296-1999-24v-fuel-heater-element.html The fuel heater element is melted and burnt outon my 1999 2500 24V, I went to Cummins and Dodge dealers to by a replacement. Cummins part #3898281S, Chrysler part # 4883052. Both Cummins and Dodge dealers listed the part number, but stated it is obsolete and not available. The Filter Head assembly, Fleet Guard part #FS19528 / FS19598, was also stated by Cummins and Dodge dealers to be obsolete and not available. In issue 54 of TDR, page 22 under 12v Engines, there is an article on the replacement of the fuel heater element, however the head assembly is different. It appears that the heater element is available for the 12v engine, why is the heater element for the 24v obsolete and unavailable. Where can I purchase a replacement fuel heater element my 1999 2500 24V ?. But like Geno's sells the 12V series (Fleetguard) yet...:confused: http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3907766S

I read those posts. The 2000 - 2002 24V engines require a different fuel heater element and thermostat. I called Hoeslie Diesel and they are ordering some for me. They are $50 each but I wanted to shop around and find out what prices are and who carries them. Nothing so far. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to follow up on this post. Hoeslie Diesel called me back last week and they found me 2 fuel heater elements. If you think you may need one in the future, this might be a good opportunity to put up a few spares.

No they won't fit that the problem Geno's sells the 94-98 series but it seem that the 24V 98.5 to 02 is hard to find (either series early or late).

That's why I went through Hoeslie Diesel to get them. They special ordered them for me and it took about 3 weeks for them to come in.

did they have ones for a 99? i just got that fuel heater hooked back up since airdog150 and i would hate to have to remove it later down the line.

I didn't ask them since both of our trucks are 2001.5 & 2002 and use the same heater element. The 99 models use a different fuel filter cannister and I suspect and different fuel heater as well. I suggest you contact Hoeslie Diesel and ask them about your 99.

I just went thru my truck yesterday as I was having trouble with cold starts and suspected the fuel heater. I did the standard troubleshooting of the system and found that the heater thermostat was bad and the heater element was good. I had my son, who works at a GM dealer who's group also owns the Dodge dealership order me a oem t-stat. The parts guy told me that he had never had a request for one of these before........So I ordered it and then found out that the t-stats were on a nation wide, intergalactic back order..... go figure!! So for now i guess I will keep it plugged in for a couple weeks to see if the parts come in. Wish me luck

I just went thru my truck yesterday as I was having trouble with cold starts and suspected the fuel heater. I did the standard troubleshooting of the system and found that the heater thermostat was bad and the heater element was good. I had my son, who works at a GM dealer who's group also owns the Dodge dealership order me a oem t-stat. The parts guy told me that he had never had a request for one of these before........So I ordered it and then found out that the t-stats were on a nation wide, intergalactic back order..... go figure!! So for now i guess I will keep it plugged in for a couple weeks to see if the parts come in. Wish me luck

Can you post a Mopar parts # for that thermostat?

So I ordered it and then found out that the t-stats were on a nation wide, intergalactic back order..... go figure!!

Ever since the big crash of DC and GM it has affected a lot of other companies that made and supplied them parts. I have heard of lots of people waiting on all sorts of parts for the same nation wide back order issues.:bang: I also ran into it with the cup holder in my 02, national back order for months, Had to buy a used one from a wrecking yard and it had a broken hinge but after 6 months of looking I took it as it was still beter than the one I had.