• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV275, Blue Chip Injection pump, and now a new engine habbit

Lasts friday I spent a few hours and swapped in my RV275 injectors (40k miles) and injection pump from Blue chip diesel. I just got the base model. Everything went really well and from the time I parked it and fired it back up was less than 4 hours. I watched every video and read every single thing I could before I started work so I pretty much knew what was going on before I touched the 1st tool. Once I was done and finally got the fuel system bleed I noticed it now idles at 800 rpm. Before the swap it would idle at 900rpm in neutral and in gear it would come down to 800rpm. Now, it idles at 800rpm them dips to 700 for just a second then returns to 800. I pulled the truck forward about 200 yard and put it into park and it shut off. I was not moving when I went to park. It started right back up and ran fine, still idling at 800rpm. It has only done this once so far??:shrug:On my road test, It drove great! going from bone stock to RV's and a power puck, plus a new injection pump for me is a huge gain! Now just to add info, my batteries are old, and need a boost on cold mornings to spin the starter fast enough. I plan to buy new batteries after Christmas. Also I keep getting a dead pedal a P0121 (APPS) I know I need one.. again, Im not made of money so I have to take things one at a time:spend:. Would the Apps have anything to do with my low idle? I dont see how batteries would have anything to do with low idle, would low idle be normal for for RV injectors?I list more info than needed incase I am missing something...

Before I worked on it friday, in neutral it would idle at 900, when Drive, Reverse or any other gear it would drop to 800 and stay there untill it went back to neutral. now in neutral it idles at 800, when put into gear it dips to 700 then comes back to 800. From what you are saying, 800 in neutral and in drive is normal?It only died once when I went to park. It has never done that before in the 3500 miles I have had the transmission.

• Owner

The old injection pump might of had internal issues that why it was idling at 900 and now with the new pump your idling slighly lower. Pepsi1971Ocean had the same thing occur after swapping injection pumps. The transmission is also another factor where triple disc tend to drag the engine down fairly good trying to get into gear.

The old injection pump might of had internal issues that why it was idling at 900 and now with the new pump your idling slighly lower. Pepsi1971Ocean had the same thing occur after swapping injection pumps. The transmission is also another factor where triple disc tend to drag the engine down fairly good trying to get into gear.

I have a single disc converter.... :duh: The injection pump did have a few issues. I was worried that maybe the RV injectors maybe where leaking, or not popping right. Other than lower idle and it stalling once going into park once, it runs great! I cant wait to get a few more things taken care of and then step up to a wire tap box!:hyper:

The differentiation in idle from park, drive, to neutral is due to the fact that when in drive, you have a slight load on the engine than when compared to it being in park or neutral.As for the truck dying when put into park, I had that once as well. Although, I never touched my vp44 beore it happened. You did. I have a theory, I have not touched the vp44 before so I'm unaware of what kind of connection is made to it from where. But, I'm wondering if the connection was not made fully. Maybe put some di-electric grease on the connections and try again.When it happened to me, it threw a code. Something about no comm. with the ecm.

The differentiation in idle from park, drive, to neutral is due to the fact that when in drive, you have a slight load on the engine than when compared to it being in park or neutral.

I understand that putting the truck into drive puts load on the engine and draws it down. I wanted to be sure that I had not miss something, or something was wrong.

As for the truck dying when put into park, I had that once as well. Although, I never touched my vp44 beore it happened. You did. I have a theory, I have not touched the vp44 before so I'm unaware of what kind of connection is made to it from where. But, I'm wondering if the connection was not made fully. Maybe put some di-electric grease on the connections and try again.

Blue Chip sent there injection pump with grease already inplace. The connector was clean.

When it happened to me, it threw a code. Something about no comm. with the ecm.

I do have a CEL but its from my APPS going bad....