• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PSA Axle Wrap-don't put off addressing it!!!!!

So, I've known for a while now, that I needed traction bars, but kept putting them off, due to time and cost...it finally came back and bit me in the :moon:! Driving to the hunting lease the other day, I hit the highway, started my acceleration, and wasn't being super nice either, but no harder than I've been in the past. Truck bucked twice-first time was the axle wrap, second was the driveshaft coming off at the Tcase. In the two revolutions it made before the ujoint disintegrated at the rear pinion, it managed to take out half my exhaust, the DHD tailhousing, the shaft itself (custom one piece 5 in aluminum driveshaft). I knew I should have done the traction bars a while ago, but I kept putting them off...So, if you have any sort of noticeable axle wrap, get this done sooner, rather than later!I've already bought the traction bars-for the time and money it would cost me in materials, it was going to be easier to buy them, and CPP has them on sale right now. That was $445. Plus, I'm looking at another driveshaft, so somewhere between $500-$600, a new upgraded slipyoke, I'm getting the 1480 joints, so about $200 there, and a new tailhousing-so about another $200 there. Sooooo, instead of paying about $500 up front, and being good with it, my laziness and cheapness is now costing me closer to $1300...:banghead: