• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 headache has returned!

mrtowman4u

Hey fellas remember 4 months ago that I posted about a guy that has an 08 ram 2500 6.7ctd and he didn't do proper servicing of the engine? Well guess what.... I now have it in the shop again!!! The remanned engine that we put in has FAILED!!! But this time it wasn't due to lack of servicing. I've personally have done the servicing every 5000 miles. So we pulled the engine out drop the pan, I find rod bearings in the bottom of the pan, number 5 rod bearing had failed! The company that we bought the engine from is now giving me the run around. I'm highly aggregated at the moment!!!

Theres not a whole lot of ground theyve got to be standing on with an engine that new.... You would literally have to do something stupid like run it out of oil or something similar to trash a new engine... anything other than that is obviously an engine defect. This isnt a Jasper reman by chance is it?

Was it a brand new engine or was it a company rebuild or a factory reman engine, If it was brand new or a factory reman they shouldn't be too hard to deal with, in most cases they will do a failure analysis and give credit..........But smaller companies who do cheap in house rebuilds are a totally different deal, they will do anything in their power to duck out of being responsible for a failure.What kind of warranty was offered with the engine at purchase?

It was a remanned engine built by a company in Texas. Not going to name them just yet! But its not Jasper! The warranty that they have me was 3 yrs unlimited mileage, parts and labor. What really pisses me off is they have been giving me the run around, the other day I asked them if I could pay a deposit and get a new engine shipped out and they make a decision on the bad engine that way my customer wouldn't be down quite as long. They told me I had to talk to one guy, talk to him and he says no you have to talk to the other guy. Its back and forth with them! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just to clear up the mud of my other post, a Reman engine is fully remanufactured to factory specs and if they offer a 3 year warranty I would suspect they did a full reman.A lot of companies who offer rebuilt engine usually pull them down find the main issue and fix only the major parts that are broken and then throw new paint on it and offer a very short warranty period, usually only weeks or a couple months and they hope it will hold together at least that long and then its your problem.Like the old saying goes Warranty is like a check, you don't know if its good until you try to cash it.:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just when ya think ya have heard it all!!!! Boy am I pissed and insulted! This freaking company must really think I am stupid!!!! They called this morning to say the engine will NOT BE WARRANTIED!!! I asked why not and they said that 5 out of 6 injectors were out of time! Now who can tell me how cr injectors can be out of time??? If you know please tell me!!!!

No they said that the injectors were tested on a Bosch test stand, and the engine failed due to the injectors being out of time! The injectors themselves are out of time. I asked how they came to that conclusion, and they said that the Bosch test stand said that they were out of time! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Actually they were remanned injectors that have never been ran and were tested on a Bosch test stand here locally before being sent with the engine. The only way a cr injector can be tested and be out of time is if the test stand itself was out of time. They are a bogus company that do not want to stand behind their product! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They told me who tested the injectors, made the call to them they said that they did not test them. Asked for the written report from the engine company and they have yet to provide it.Called my lawyer and he is upset! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So while the reman company is busy breaking one off in your customer, does he have another truck to run? From the sounds of it, he makes a living out of it, thats a horrible situation to be in. If the reman company doesnt honor the warranty, please share their contact info so everyone else can be aware of them for future purchases.

The company is Roadmaster Engines formerly known as South Houston Engine Rebuilders of South Houston TX. The owners name is Holly Arnold. In in the process of doin all that plus the customer is really supporting me on the whole situation, even told me he would cover all legal expenses and everything. The truck is how he makes his living, he was using my 98.5 dodge dually the green beast till he wrecked it a few weeks ago....unknown to me, he finally tells me lastnight! So he went out and bought a 12 dodge ram 3500 srw truck!

• Like 1