• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It's only appropriate...

flagmanruss

snowing a blizzard out there. Just as it was 23 years ago. I remember it because we were married on the 30th. The rehearsal didn't happen, nor the dinner. In the morning, my bride & her MOH used her 4X4 to get to the church... eventually our families arrived. The caterer was wrecked on the way to the church.I'd been staying in a camper, down the street from her house (she had young kids). The pipes in the camper kept freezing. The campground owner thought he was going to charge me for keeping the camper all winter. I had planks under the tires & the camper off the jacks. Jan 1 I locked the 5th wheel on it & pulled it out through over a foot of unbroken snow... came right out. Parked it next to the horse shed at the Management Area Caretaker's house (where she was living.)

• Like 1

Yes, today is our anniversary.

The truck was my Chevy C30 (2 WD), Camper Special, built 454. I forget the tire size... old school mud & snow radials on 16.5 rims. Scamper Camper.

Posted Image

This spring time picture seems to be only one I can find of the 2 together. If you look close, you can see the paddock fence under the camper nose. My dog & horse moved in a year before I was allowed to.

I think the weight of the camper on the hitch made it bite better.

Wife's out plowing with the ATV now... we measured 9-10 inches of heavy wet snow this morning.

Hey Russ, how much snow do you have on the ground? Weve got probably 15 inches from the last 4 or 5 days, it hasnt all come at once. This has been the first snow storm of the year for us, which has come quite late compared to previous years. The ground hasnt even froze yet, tried pulling the kids and their cousins around on tubes behind the fourwheeler the other day, and after about a half dozen laps around the field we were kicking up mud.

Previous snows had melted off. Rhode Island has a lot of salt in the air, Gulf Stream warms from the Sea, so it's usually pretty temporate for New England... though we can get buried but good. We got 9-10 inches in our yard. We have some elevation & as far away from the coast as anywhere in this state. The most snow total in our state was 12". Thanks for the Well Wishes, MMom! I'm trying to clean up from the Castle building project and puttering on my next build. I'm reworking some LiFePO4 battery packs for my new mobility scooter... and reworking to better solder-on connectors. The OEM battery packs were Lithiom Ion (more compact, 4X the cost, a tendency to catch fire) with cheapo crimped on terninals so I managed to buy my unit w/o batteries. All these cells seem to be made in China. I just received my China shipments.