• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Centramic Tire Balancer Disks

OK. I just got a brand new set of BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO 315/75R-16 tires on my 2002. I am considering a set of the Centramic Tire Balancer disks to minimize vibration and tire wear. So far, it appears that the correct Centramic Tire balancer disk is part # 300-308 and a set of spacers for the fronts for clearance of the brake caliper and balancer ring against the wheel. I am running the OEM factory aluminum Dodge wheels. Is anyone using these balancers on their truck in the same configuration as mine? If so, what is your appaisal of these balancers and what if any problems or fitment issues did you have. Thanks!

If anyone is interested, I am talking to a guy on eBay who is will to sell me 2 sets at $174.50 each plus $22.27 shipping. Perhaps if I can arrange a large enough order, he may agree to free shipping? Anyone else interested?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't put them on just yet. The weather has been pretty crappy. I will get to it this week. I have already had the tires balanced with weights but they shake a bit above 60 mph. I will be sure to post my findings once I get them installed and used them a bit.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got busy and installed both sets of balancers. Bottom line is that they DO make a HUGE difference. I think in my case since I have a larger than typical tire, they make a big improvement to the ride. The gear shift just sits still and the ride is REAL smooth. You can sense a moderate vibration up to about 30 mph and then it just disappears and gets smooth above that when the balancers start working. The balancers would work up to 85 mph with these tires (I also had them balanced with wheel weights before I installed the balancers.) and above that, a slight vibrations will again begin to occur. I think that is pretty good. It is after all a truck.....NOT a race car. A couple of things to be aware of is the need to be using spacer shims. The balancer kit comes with 2 A balancers, 2 B balancers, and 2 .080 thick aluminum shims. Each truck may be slightly different and require a different number of shims. In some cases such as with my truck, it required the use of 2 .080 thick shims on each hub prior to mounting the balancer. I used the B balancer in the front and the A balancers on the rear axle. I tried the method many have used in grinding away the iron casting seams on the front brake calipers on my truck but just could NOT get enough clearance betweeen the B balancer disk and the brake caliper. After about a dozen iterations of trial and error & removing the wheel and tire assembly, I finally called Centermatic. After a lengthy discussion of what issues I was encountering, it was determined that I needed 2 more shims and the B balancer disks I was using had excessive lateral run out. (even though the disk was flush against the hub and properly torqued, it would rub the caliper in a small area. I initially spoke with Jessie who was a wealth of information and got the new B balancers and shims sent to me FAST at no charge. The owner/manager Jerry, later called me back to ensure all was well and no problems. Once I installed the second shim on each hub and the new B balancer disk, everything went together just right. The rear axle is a piece of cake. On the wife's truck, hers may require only 1 shim on each front hub. I currently have 2 but will road test it and check the clearance of the balancer. What you are looking for is clearance between the balancer disk and the brake caliper AND the wheel on the other side. You will have to experiment with shims to verify what will work in your case. Again each truck can be different. Overall, I am VERY happy with these balancers and made a huge improvement to the ride quality of my truck and I am sure the substantially reduced vibration will result is much less wear and tear. I HIGHLY recommend them and found the Centermatic's tech/customer support is EXCELLENT. :thumbup2:

• Like 1

I know Centramatic has been in business a long time and I am sure this has been thought out but when somebody mentions any kind of shim on a front wheel I instantly so NO. That goes right along with running recaps on the front. Just my opinion.