• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dorkweed, where did you get your bypass filter?

I ordered my MotorGuard bypass from Ralph Wood directly. I've not seen him post on www.bobistheoilguy.com in well over a year now. He was ill for a while and now I've heard that MotorGuard wanted him to stop modifying their filters for bypass oil filters. They're originally designed to remove water from compressors. If you want a good solid TP bypass now, I'd go with a Frantz now. It's exactly the same thing; only the TP canister is different. Does that help???

If you mean the cylindrical cardboard at the center of the TP; Yes, you do leave it when installing the TP into the unit.:smart:

yes. that is what i meant...thank you. how does the oil flow thru the "filter"? on the factory oil filter(direct flow) the oil fills the outside and flows thru the media to the center where it goes into the motor. the picts mopar1973man show makes it appear that it flows top down......am i making sense?

Yes, both the MotorGuard and the Frantz TP filters are "depth" filters. Which means in the case of the TP that the oil flow parallel to the wraps of paper rather than across a media. However,in the TP filter, the TP in compressed slightly in the housing which makes for a very efficient and cost effective filter. IMHO, they filter better than any Amsoil or FS filter around for a fraction of the cost per filter. Granted, you do change them more often, but they're still way cheaper.

WallyWorld oil is made by 3 different companies. Usually based on where in the country the store is at. The companies are........1. Warren Distributors 2. Exxon/Mobile 3. Shell/Penzoil/Quaker State. The synthetic and synthetic blends are made entirely by Warren.

I looked at the bottom of the blue bottles of my 2 stroke oil and 15W 40 engine oil and there was a WPP on the bottom which means that Warren is making the oils that I get from WallyWorld.

The Super Tech 15W-40 Universal motor oil is made by Shell for Walmart. Pennzoil and Quakerstate are subsidiaries of Shell. http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/339543.pdf The address in this MSDS is to Shell in Houston. The same address Pennzoil uses.

Mr. LiveOak..........see the post above yours. Your info is correct, but incomplete. At least that's my humble opinion based on my research!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mr. LiveOak..........see the post above yours. Your info is correct, but incomplete. At least that's my humble opinion based on my research!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I read the entire post. How is "my" information incomplete. I posted the MSDS that provides the factual proof of who manufactures the Super Tech oil we are using in our trucks. How is that incomplete? You difference of opinion is with the MSDS not me. You know what they say about opinions...... :poke::cheers::thumbsup: There are a few other 15W-40 Super Tech oils Walmart carries but they are made by SOPUS (read Shell Oil) too: http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/344055.pdf Warren Distributors is NOT an oil refining company. They package, blend, and distribute other manufacturers oil products as well as other products. You can check the products they sell: http://www.wd-wpp.com/msds.php For the most part, the oil companies play a big scam game on packing and selling of motor oil. Even John Deere does the same thing. Chevron makes John Deere 15W-40 Plus 50 for John Deere. It is good oil, I bought a 55 gallon drum of it a few years ago when it was $2.38 a quart but it is pretty much the same thing as Delo. There is a very limited number of actual oil refiners. There are some differences in the additive package that goes into each various oil. Nothing magic about it.

LiveOak, the link I thought I put in my post didn't show up. It's http://www.bobistheoilguy.com. The containers of 2 stroke and 15W 40 dino oil I have from WallyWorld have a WPP on the bottom of the bottles. The refiner is irrelenvent IMHO. It's who is "blending" and "packaging" and "distributing" the oil that's more important. Unless the refiner is doing all of the above!!!! Which is true in some cases, but not all. The info I have says that the oil supplied to WallyWorld is from those in my prior post.

LiveOak, the link I thought I put in my post didn't show up. It's http://www.bobistheoilguy.com. The containers of 2 stroke and 15W 40 dino oil I have from WallyWorld have a WPP on the bottom of the bottles. The refiner is irrelenvent IMHO. It's who is "blending" and "packaging" and "distributing" the oil that's more important. Unless the refiner is doing all of the above!!!! Which is true in some cases, but not all. The info I have says that the oil supplied to WallyWorld is from those in my prior post.

Super Tech Outboard 2 cylce with TC3 oil is made by Pennzoil/Quacker State who in turn is owned by Shell: http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/339375.pdf Warren is a distribution & packagingcompany for Wally World.

• 4 weeks later...

Although this thread is a month old now i just want to comment on oils. I bought my truck back in the spring with 104000 ish miles and that motor was loud and it almost seemed to be getting louder. I started to almost regret buying it it was so loud. I changed the oil when the sticker on the truck said to which i found out was way later then i should have (i let that dealership have a piece of mind). long story short I used amsoil 15w 40 and right after took it on a few hundred mile trip. after i got home i was standing next to it and suddenly realized how quiet the motor ran. went from this loud growl to a subtle purr(as far as diesels go). shortly after i began to notice i could really hear the turbo from the exhaust like nobodys business(5in stacks straight piped)! While driving the turbo would also seem to spool easier and got louder from the cab. I swear by it and wont ever use anything else.

I hate to say it but I didnt belive the Amsoil thing until I tryed it and now I run it in my welders, lawn mower, all six cars in the family. My little shop car has 160k( Toyota) and it used to use a qt at 1500 mile and sence the amsoil it now uses qt every 3000k, I have to say that works form me.