• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some IT help

Wild and Free

How would I disable all the double click cookies that some sites have? What I am talking about is when I go to some sites that have articles I will click on an article and I always click the back button to go back to the main page, but some sites load so many cookies that you have to click 6-8 times to go back using the back button or else I have to right click on the back button to get the dropdown menu to pick the original page, some sites are getting horrible and in the secondary page when I click the go back menu there are sometimes 6+ double click ad cookies that load after the main page. So how do I get around this to get back to clicking the back button one time to get back to the main page.Running windows 7. I figure it must be a simple setting I need to change but don't know which one.

I think he means the pages you click on from google and then you click back to go back to google and it goes back for a split second and then jumps straight back to the page, never letting you leave it unless you click back really fast 50 times.

I think he means the pages you click on from google and then you click back to go back to google and it goes back for a split second and then jumps straight back to the page, never letting you leave it unless you click back really fast 50 times.

These are the ads on the pages that load along with the original page but you never see unless you look at the dropdown menu from the back button and see there are 6 or more google ad doubleclick cookies ahead of the original page and yes you have to click many times really fast to get to the original page, you never actually see the pages it just seems locked onto the page you are on not letting you go back that single page. Not all computers do like mine, some just need a single or double click to back up but I am thinking that I just need to reset something on my browser to lock this out. Its not all sites either just a few, for instance Infowars.com I read daily and this is the worst one, open the home page and then click on a story and then it takes many clicks to go back to the original page on my computer or I have to right click the back button and click on the original page which is at the bottom of the list as there are many cookie pages loaded above it.

• Owner

It's not cookies per say it scripts (java, etc.)

A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user's previous activity. (Passwords, etc.)

Scripts on the other hand can load windows, animated windows, different functions, etc. I've personally fell in love with Firefox for that reason. Because what I got loaded is...

[*]NoScript - Script blocking plugin.

[*]Clean & Clean - Allow instant dumping of cache and cookies in a single click.

[*]Ad Block Plus - Blocks all advertisers on the web.

[*]Better Privacy - Deletes the adobe flash cookies.

Yeah it tends to put some weight on Firefox but I can surf anywhere I wish and no more spam issues, no more ads, no more pop-up ads, etc. The list goes on. Then site I trust completely like my own I white list the domain so I see all the scripts and functions normally.

What is in the browser history when I double click the back button is the link below, it doesn't show up in the normal browser history only in the spot where I want to go to a prior page. http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page So you are saying the only way to avoid this is to load a different browser and nothing I can do as a security setting on my PC? I have been hearing a lot of good things about startpage and was thinking about going with them as my browser but not sure this will help with my current issue.

I just went to infowars and the only browser in windows 7 that had an issue was IE. It did exactly what you described, doing absolutely nothing until I bottomed out the mouse on the button. If you are using IE you might consider something else, IE is a piece of crap and venerable to anything.

• Owner

What is in the browser history when I double click the back button is the link below, it doesn't show up in the normal browser history only in the spot where I want to go to a prior page. http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page So you are saying the only way to avoid this is to load a different browser and nothing I can do as a security setting on my PC? I have been hearing a lot of good things about startpage and was thinking about going with them as my browser but not sure this will help with my current issue.

It's about interrupting the browser from reading harmful scripts that are compiled on web pages.

• Owner

With Internet Explorer you need to find another software to do this. Firewall or script blocking program.With Firefox just load the plugins I listed. With Opera you'll have to talk to ISX he's a pro with Opera.As with the computer there isn't much you can alter setting wise. It basically all browser you need to be able to stop the browser from reading the entire page as usual and executing all scripts without question. Look at the bottom bar it shows that I've got script blocked and 3 out of 4 I allowed i considered safe. No google ads display either. (ad block plus) kill those too. post-2-138698196551_thumb.pngThis was the option I chose when I switch over to Linux. (Default browser). But after reading up on Internet security for Ubuntu Linux Firefox is touted as a pretty good browser for security protection.

Try chrome, its as automatic as it gets and you don't even have to update anything. You just load it and its done. If you don't like it, I would go with firefox. I hate firefox because of the popups wanting you to accept everything. If I have to accept everything then that defies the point of having a secure browser if I have to just scan everything myself. Opera isn't compatible with some things so thats why I don't really recommend it to anyone. I can't live without it but I do have chrome open for other websites. So that's my recommendation, chrome. https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/