• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What numbers could I be putting down?

3 different dynos, both unadjusted #'s were within +-10Hp at 2200 ft elevaton one was load cell one was inertia, the low # was an adjusted # load cell dyno at higher elevation over 5k feet in Billings Montana that netted 520 hp but that was before the HRVP44. I was running an HRVP44 with a regular HOT unlocked edge comp. The HRVP only got me 30 hp more over a standard Vp44 on the local dynos unadjusted.

Well hot diggity now you got me curious .., might check for my current leak situation and get to a dyno

I know.. I know... Its an old question, but I think I already know the answer, I just need to confirm. My truck has everything in my sig. I have an Edge JWA in the mail, so the Power Puck will be coming off. Would it be a safe guess to assume my truck should be in the 350hp/750fr lbs range, or would it be more like the 400/800 range?

To give you a baseline, I had an 01, 4x4, NV4500, running almost the same setup- RV275's, Edge Comp, Con OFE clutch, stock VP44, HX35 and an Airdog 150. Run 1 was 72.92 degrees farenheit, 29.51 in HG, 35% humidity, and was 330.97/749.46 Run two, under the same conditions was 332.21/741.94. Run 3 was without the Comp on, and was 251.56/578.55

To give you a baseline, I had an 01, 4x4, NV4500, running almost the same setup- RV275's, Edge Comp, Con OFE clutch, stock VP44, HX35 and an Airdog 150. Run 1 was 72.92 degrees farenheit, 29.51 in HG, 35% humidity, and was 330.97/749.46 Run two, under the same conditions was 332.21/741.94. Run 3 was without the Comp on, and was 251.56/578.55

Interesting. Those are good numbers. I would be very happy with that. It still blows my mind that something as simple and a computer chip can make such a HUGE difference. I was on the road the other day and a car was running 15 under the speed limit. So I passed them. Out of habit, I layed into the throttle with the mind set, Im in a 7000lb truck with 215hp. It jumped out and blew by that car. I kinda felt bad because with my windows up and radio on I could clearly hear the engine screaming threw the 5" pipe and echoing off their car..:(

I was on the road the other day and a car was running 15 under the speed limit. So I passed them. Out of habit, I layed into the throttle with the mind set, Im in a 7000lb truck with 215hp. It jumped out and blew by that car. I kinda felt bad because with my windows up and radio on I could clearly hear the engine screaming threw the 5" pipe and echoing off their car..:(

Unless you saw the bird flying, I would just assume they enjoyed the beautiful music.:doh: