• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What numbers could I be putting down?

I know.. I know... Its an old question, but I think I already know the answer, I just need to confirm.My truck has everything in my sig. I have an Edge JWA in the mail, so the Power Puck will be coming off. Would it be a safe guess to assume my truck should be in the 350hp/750fr lbs range, or would it be more like the 400/800 range?

If what you have in your sig is everything and assuming a stock hx35 turbo along with an Edge I would have to say the 350 mark would be closer to reality with a stock auto.:2cents:

Thats pretty much what I was thinking, but wasnt sure. I do have an HX35, anf the transmission is not stock, but its not a full build either.

Is the EJA good for +100 horsepower? Just going by your sig, RV 275 should put you close to 250-260 hp leaving the EJA to bridge the gap

The EJA maxed out should add 120hp/350tq

The EJA maxed out should add 120hp/350tq

don't put a lot of faith in that. your biggest hurdle (as previously mentioned) is the lack of airflow.. I.E... HX35. The EJWA is only good for 120 with the hot-unlock and supporting mods. do not expect a 245hp HO truck to jump to 365hp by just adding a EJWA alone. You will see that with your 275s and stock HX, that your EGTs will rocket past 1100*F in short order under load or hard pull. Been there, done that.

Hidden

don't put a lot of faith in that. your biggest hurdle (as previously mentioned) is the lack of airflow.. I.E... HX35. The EJWA is only good for 120 with the hot-unlock and supporting mods. do not expect a 245hp HO truck to jump to 365hp by just adding a EJWA alone. You will see that with your 275s and stock HX, that your EGTs will rocket past 1100*F in short order under load or hard pull. Been there, done that.

Yea I understand that, and that is why I was wondering what it would actually be putting out. I know that my HX35 turbo will be the choke point, however I have a EGT gauge, and dont plan on beating my truck down.

The hot unlock power level 6 has the same power as level 5 on the "locked" version, it just fuels to 3200 vs the 2700 stock setting. I know that the HX35 will be at it max with my set up, but I dont plan to add anymore to my truck. Im shooting for a setup like Moparman. I also understand that performance companies advertise HP/TQ number based on ideal conditions and actual gains vary depending on transmission type, how effective the transmission is at putting power to the ground, what supporting mods you have, and things put extra load on the engine that use HP like tire tire size. I started this thread to get a general idea of what I might be at. I dont know of any dyno's around me, and dont really care enough to find out and get true numbers for my truck.

This might help you out. Mike went to a dyno thing and took note of everyone's mods. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/members-rides/mopar1973man/2002-dodge/dyno/dyno%20day.jpg

Cool thanks! I still think 350hp/750tq might be pretty realistic. Mike put down 380hp/800+tq with RVs and edge. besides my truck is an auto and a dually, our trucks are really close to being the same.

If what you have in your sig is everything and assuming a stock hx35 turbo along with an Edge I would have to say the 350 mark would be closer to reality with a stock auto.:2cents:

X2 Or slightly less ... To get over 350 you really need bigger injectors and turbo with a tuner .. . Give you an idea im hitting 50psi , have a juice hot stacked with smarty , twin turbos and built 3x disk auto and 150 sac injectors and probably around 450 hp

X2 Or slightly less ... To get over 350 you really need bigger injectors and turbo with a tuner .. . Give you an idea im hitting 50psi , have a juice hot stacked with smarty , twin turbos and built 3x disk auto and 150 sac injectors and probably around 450 hp

I don't know what turbos you have as twins but with what you describe I would have to say you are well over 500 hp. And I agree when I posted 350 to the OP I was going on the long side with that statement.

• Owner

Rule of thumb: For every 1 pound of boost you should be making 10 horsepower. I know this rule of thumb can be blown out of the water easy. I've seen a buddy truck locally he can easily get 30-35 PSI worth of boost on a slightly modified 1st gen with a Hx35 turbo. But on the dyno he turned 213/560 which wasn't bad with 600K miles on the engine and just pump mods and a Hx35 turbo.

I don't know what turbos you have as twins but with what you describe I would have to say you are well over 500 hp. And I agree when I posted 350 to the OP I was going on the long side with that statement.

he351cw/s472 sac 150 (7x0.010) injectors Juice Hot stacked Smarty Most guys with similar setups are between 475 and 525hp. To get over 525 seems you need 7x12 or bigger generally. I have a couple small boost leaks, and an auto (most of the numbers I refer to above were on manuals). So without being dialled in - and maxxing out at 50psi ...... my best guess is 450-475 HP. I have a TST to put with the smarty at some stage ....... and then might get her on a dyno.

I got the Juice put in saturday and WOW... thats all I can really say. I was kinda surprised that it didnt smoke more on level's 5 and 6. Dont get me wrong, Im not looking for coal, but just from reading what others post and watching video's I was thinking I would end up with a freight train. Seems like on level 5 and 6 anything below 10psi and it comes rollin out, but once the boost makes it past 10psi it clears up really good. On the 1st run with no back downs set it would peg my boost gauge in just a few seconds. (40psi) and on level 6 it would be 13-1400* really quick. I set some of the back downs and its alot better. On level 5 EGT would top out about 1200-1250* I cant believe how easy it was to change my truck. I mean I have read about but gez! :stuned:Now for a question:I have an IssPro EGT gauge already, can I use the IssPro probe for both the Edge and IssPro Gauge? I have read a few threads and it seems like some say yes, and some say no. Any of you guys know?

he351cw/s472 sac 150 (7x0.010) injectors Juice Hot stacked Smarty Most guys with similar setups are between 475 and 525hp. To get over 525 seems you need 7x12 or bigger generally. I have a couple small boost leaks, and an auto (most of the numbers I refer to above were on manuals). So without being dialled in - and maxxing out at 50psi ...... my best guess is 450-475 HP. I have a TST to put with the smarty at some stage ....... and then might get her on a dyno.

On my 02 I had an II Silver 62 single turbo and Bd 155 sticks and was only running 40 psi boost and was a solid 560 hp, but I realize I had way more air flow with my single than you have with the twins you have.

I got the Juice put in saturday and WOW... thats all I can really say. I was kinda surprised that it didnt smoke more on level's 5 and 6. Dont get me wrong, Im not looking for coal, but just from reading what others post and watching video's I was thinking I would end up with a freight train. Seems like on level 5 and 6 anything below 10psi and it comes rollin out, but once the boost makes it past 10psi it clears up really good.

On the 1st run with no back downs set it would peg my boost gauge in just a few seconds. (40psi) and on level 6 it would be 13-1400* really quick. I set some of the back downs and its alot better. On level 5 EGT would top out about 1200-1250*

I cant believe how easy it was to change my truck. I mean I have read about but gez! :stuned:

Now for a question:

I have an IssPro EGT gauge already, can I use the IssPro probe for both the Edge and IssPro Gauge? I have read a few threads and it seems like some say yes, and some say no. Any of you guys know?

I used two taps ........ 1 for edge and 1 for other guage - eg tap it twice.

different vendors use different temp offsets on teh probe for the signal ....... seemed safer/best to me.

You can easily plug up later if you remove one.

- - - Updated - - -

On my 02 I had an II Silver 62 single turbo and Bd 155 sticks and was only running 40 psi boost and was a solid 560 hp, but I realize I had way more air flow with my single than you have with the twins you have.

How many dynos was that on ? Adjusted numbers ?

Yeah I could be higher ...... but I wont know till I dyno it. Generally (like 80=90%) of time I see people saying oh I should be x HP and when they hit they dyno they are considerably less. So my guesstimate is by undersellimg myself from what other people have hit with similar setups. Havent seen many people hit over 550 with 7x.010. What tuner were you running ?

3 different dynos, both unadjusted #'s were within +-10Hp at 2200 ft elevaton one was load cell one was inertia, the low # was an adjusted # load cell dyno at higher elevation over 5k feet in Billings Montana that netted 520 hp but that was before the HRVP44. I was running an HRVP44 with a regular HOT unlocked edge comp. The HRVP only got me 30 hp more over a standard Vp44 on the local dynos unadjusted.

You will see that with your 275s and stock HX, that your EGTs will rocket past 1100*F in short order under load or hard pull.

???? Can you explain why? :think:

Cool thanks! I still think 350hp/750tq might be pretty realistic. Mike put down 380hp/800+tq with RVs and edge. besides my truck is an auto and a dually, our trucks are really close to being the same.

Just a correction, Mike put down 380 HP with the Edge by itself; he did not have the RV's yet.