• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead Pedal, won't shift out of first

My 2001 RAM 2500 24V Cummins Automatic (56K Miles) goes from dead pedal starting at 2000 RPM in 1st gear to having the transmission disengaged above 2000 RPM. Sometimes I can rev the engine but it acts like the truck is in neutral. The truck will drive in first gear, as long as I stay under 2K RPM. I have replaced the APPS, same problem. The error codes are:P PCUCP 0720P ECUP 1693 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the letter codes, the 1693 comes on if there is any other code, but the 0720 suggests your output shaft speed sensor is messed up, or has a loose connection. P0720 (M) Low Output Spd Sensor RPM Above15 mphOutput shaft speed is less than 60 rpm with vehicle speedabove 15 mph (4-speed auto. trans. only).I'm not much on 24v's but I think that means it messes up over 15mph, and I take it thats as high as 2k rpm in first gear is letting you go?

• Like 1

I work out of state and won't be able to see if the speed sensor is the problem until this weekend. I hope that is the problem. I wish I would have found this forum before shelling out the $450 for the APPS. I'll let you know as soon I have tried the speed sensor resolution. Again, thanks to everyone for your assistance.

In Reply to Dually's post: Yes, I have the original. I think I found the problem. It may be the wiring going to the transmission sensor. Evidently road debris ripped the wires from the plug. There was no way to splice the wiring back together, one of the wires was pulled completely from the plug and the female connector pin that goes into the plug was missing. I going to see if I can find the female pins on the web.