• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to check vp44 wiretap

Checking the other end being the point where it gets joined to another wire or the end of the other end?:think: Either way, as stated it should be at battery voltage with the key on....Which reminds me to check my own again, its been awhile since I have done so. oops.:banghead:

The edge comp. It is how it does it's magic.

The Wire taps do not have anything to do with the ECM. The wire tap is just a wire that taps or tees into the VP44 pump solenoid. The solenoid opens and closes a valve that sends fuel to the injectors. The fueling module that taps into this solenoid wire does not alter the original signal it receives from the ECM but rather builds a larger signal ahead of it and behind it. The wire tap allows for an increase in timing advance by adding an addtional signal ahead of the original and can add duration by adding an addtional signal behind the original signal. This is all done seamlessly so as to trick the solenoid into seeing one earlier and/or longer signal. There is still only one injector firing event. The wire tap can only build around the original signal and not alter it. They are a piggy back method of additional fueling - they are only building on top of what is already there. The wire tap boxes are somewhat complex and require input from the ECM and engine sensors to be able to be able to dynamically control the signal it sends to the solenoid.

Found it here, more info there but eh, thats the gist.

• Owner

Weird

0 volts.

No lights on edge module.

But monitor works and egt works and turbo cooldown works

Need to call edge I guess

12V comes from the VP44 pump wire not the Edge Juice... So your posi-tap is worthless.

Monitor, EGT's, and turbo cooldown have nothing to do with the wire tap. That all ignition key signal and meaningless.

Posted Image

http-~~-//youtu.be/8Vj9n5Ee88U

12V comes from the VP44 pump wire not the Edge Juice... So your posi-tap is worthless.

Good to know - that may explain the 0 volts. But then I assume the vp44 always has 12v - so then how to know if the juice is sending.

Monitor, EGT's, and turbo cooldown have nothing to do with the wire tap. That all ignition key signal and meaningless.

But that would indicate the juice module is working - else cooldown wouldnt work correct ?

My concern is that they have no voltage and maybe its something in the wire/tap so they could take the stealth plate off and check for voltage with a multimeter and then check resistance from the end of the wire to the end of the wire tap. Or something.

Posted Image

So after the stealth plate mention and reading the install instructions again I decided to screw it down another full turn - wholla - 12v .... More importantly 55-60psi in seconds before I get out of it. !!! Turns out I must have been running untapped since the new injectors Crazy power