• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater Treater

dorkweed

The doors and the end parts that attach the doors to the motors are made of metal and not plastic. The OEM plastic ends get brittle over time and break. I really don't think buying new OEM parts would be cheaper……………………….junkyard yeah maybe, but you'd need to tear apart a whole dash to get the parts you need………………………and they're probably in the same or worse condition that the ones in your truck are. All in all; the 4 door kit is pricey for what you get, but for me it was worth it, because I now can control the temp and air source in the cab.Have you gone to the website and watched the short videos of installs???

I watched the videos but it doesn't show the cutting/reassembly which I didn't like. I'm sure I will end up buying it I just wanted to hear your thoughts on it all thanks

There may be some other U-tube videos if you google "heater treater". Or you can even go to some other Dodge/Cummins sites to search them………………….sorry Mike:doh:

Well, I finally got around to changing out 2 of the doors on my truck this afternoon. I replaced the "recirculation" door and the "blend" door. I didn't replace the "mode" doors, as they still function................the mode doors direct the air to the panel, floor, etc. Not difficult; just a pain in the dupa. Tight spaces and trying to find all the screws that hold the dash panels in place..........arrrggg:duh: Well it all went back together without any leftover parts.................took her for a test drive to test everything..............and shazam, I now have fine adjustment for temperature and I can again tell when switching into recirculation mode. Both doors took about 3 hours total. As I said tight spaces.............that and big hands made it more difficult than it might have been for someone with smaller mitts.

Did you take the dash apart and evac the air conditioner freon?

Did you take the dash apart and evac the air conditioner freon?

This "fix" just is about the "DOORS" that control the "fresh vs. recirculation" air……………………and the "temperature" air…………………….and the "mode" air; which is where the air goes. Not all of the doors……………….just the ones you need fixed………………..if'n you know that!!! You don't go near the "freon"!!! Much of the dash did need to come apart to fix the "recirculation" door and the "temperature" doors on my '04.5 though. I didn't need to "fix" the "mode" door at this time………………..although I do have it it case I need it in the future.

• 10 months later...

Replaced the "other" 2 doors this afternoon.  The "mode 1" door and the "mode 2" door.  About a 4 hour job;  as the space to work in is even tighter than the "blend" door and the "recirculation" door which I did whenever I started this thread.  But I got it all back together and everything works just like new now.

The "mode 1" and "mode 2" doors determine how the air is routed thru the truck...............floor, dash panel, and defrost.  The the indexing pins on the OEM doors were broken so the truck couldn't determine were the doors were upon start up.  The 3rd gens recalibrate the door positions each time the truck is started.............if the indexing pins on the doors are broken this can't be done..................and the air goes where ever the doors stop.

Wanted to get this done before my NoDak trip in a couple weeks and especially before winter gets here!!!

• 10 months later...

I replaced the lower blend door in my 2005 with a heater treater door and they both ended up broken. I cut the box for the first door and my buddy removed the box for the second door. He didn't have a heater treater door for the second one so I had him put the heater treater door on top and the plastic door on bottom so I could easily replace it when the time came, then I sold the truck.

Edited by 98whitelightnin