• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater Treater

dorkweed

I ordered the 4 door kit today.........$265.00 delivered.:spend::spend: My temp dial/blend door is not working so well, and I don't think my recirculation door is working either. Oh well!! Gotta wait for some warmer weather to tackle this though.

It apears Heater Treater has had new parts made as the original HT parts had a home made look to them, though they were functional. There is an earlier threat here on this. It is done from the passenger's foot well without dash removal.Unfortunartely it does not (apparently) repair the vacume actuated output control located to the right of the driver's foot. I don't believe anyone has been able to fix that in place without dash removal. If the output control fails, the default mode is DEFROST.

• Like 1

It apears Heater Treater has had new parts made as the original HT parts had a home made look to them, though they were functional. There is an earlier threat here on this. It is done from the passenger's foot well without dash removal. Unfortunartely it does not (apparently) repair the vacume actuated output control located to the right of the driver's foot. I don't believe anyone has been able to fix that in place without dash removal. If the output control fails, the default mode is DEFROST.

No vacuum controls on 3rd gens Russ.........all DC motors.........which is probably why the stops break off, and then the doors fracture/break. From my research, these motors are quite strong..........that coupled with weak and brittle plastic is a recipe for disaster!!
  • Like 1

Just the doors are removed and replaced with metal ones with metal hardware. All work done under the dash after taking the dash front panels off. They make kits for 2nd gens also. Here's the link. http://www.heatertreater.net

Thank you for this link, I have had the dash apart and affixed my doors in a stationary state for the time being on my 04'.

• 6 months later...

Well, I finally got around to changing out 2 of the doors on my truck this afternoon. I replaced the "recirculation" door and the "blend" door. I didn't replace the "mode" doors, as they still function................the mode doors direct the air to the panel, floor, etc. Not difficult; just a pain in the dupa. Tight spaces and trying to find all the screws that hold the dash panels in place..........arrrggg:duh:Well it all went back together without any leftover parts.................took her for a test drive to test everything..............and shazam, I now have fine adjustment for temperature and I can again tell when switching into recirculation mode.Both doors took about 3 hours total. As I said tight spaces.............that and big hands made it more difficult than it might have been for someone with smaller mitts.

Good info to know (except the 'duck butter' :shrug:) , since mine seems very slow to respond after changing.

On the "blend door", the indexing pin had broken off the arm that the motor connects to. The 3rd gens recalibrate for every start up...........so if the indexing pin is broken (cheap plastic) it has nothing to limit it when it tries to index past the stops. For example.................with the heat all the way turned up (warmest)...............if I turned it down a bump at a time, nothing changed in the temp of the air coming out. It wasn't until that the dial had been turned all the way down to the coolest would the temp change....................and then it would be the coldest all at once. There was little if any middle ground with the temp dial control. The "recirculation" door, the plastic part that connected the door to the motor was broke, so I only had fresh air setting. Both work perfectly now!!! Duck butter............the oil you get from the gland that ducks/waterfowl use to oil their feathers with when they preen. Slicker than snot!!!!:cool:
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't dug into it yet but I'm thinking I need 2 doors. But I guess what I mean is did you feel like the doors were made well and the kit and instructions were put together well enough to justify the price? Just want to see what you thought of it don't want to spend that much if it's a cobble job kit I could basically make myself lol