• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CR Fuel Pressure Loss at 30% or more load.

Hanno

Hi there.

Enjoyed the interesting articles.Posted Image

:stuned: I have 2006 that looses RP under load while

the lift pump holds 12-14 PSI at all times.

Evidently the CP3 is able to produce 22-23000 psi

but not the volume the rail needs since it

sinks to 2000-3000psi under load.

Ordered a new FCA Solinoid at genos

Any Ideas ?

• Staff

Michael, his post says 12-14 psi from the lift pump at all times.. makes me think he has a gauge?If the LP pressure is good and the rail pressure drops, then it's probably something with the CP3. Does it run like crap when the pressure drops?Pressure and volume are directly related, so if the volume isn't there then neither will the pressure. FCA is a good start, are you throwing any codes?What are you using to read all the pressures? Where is the LP pressure sender at, pre or post filters?

Michael, his post says 12-14 psi from the lift pump at all times.. makes me think he has a gauge?

If the LP pressure is good and the rail pressure drops, then it's probably something with the CP3. Does it run like crap when the pressure drops?

Pressure and volume are directly related, so if the volume isn't there then neither will the pressure.

FCA is a good start, are you throwing any codes?

What are you using to read all the pressures? Where is the LP pressure sender at, pre or post filters?

Installed the fuel pressure gauge at the filter and it it still like i said at 12-14psi under all conditions.

RP is messured with a CTS.

As the pressure drops i notice (of course) a lack of power. No missfiring etc though.

Codes are PO 148 (fuel del. problem)

The Cp 3 can produce the pressure (22.5K) but not the volume (only 30-40%)

I'l install the new FCA today after i obtain a 3.5mm L wrench

- - - Updated - - -

Ah... I think you are the German from California right? :think:

If so the what I'm thinking is the lift pump is either wore out or the pickup screen in the tank is plugged up. He doesn't have a fuel pressure gauge either.

I am the German-

I thought 12 to 14 psi is sufficiant.

Some guys are at 5 psi

If it's not the FCA it's the CP3

• Staff

Installed the fuel pressure gauge at the filter and it it still like i said at 12-14psi under all conditions. RP is messured with a CTS. As the pressure drops i notice (of course) a lack of power. No missfiring etc though. Codes are PO 148 (fuel del. problem) The Cp 3 can produce the pressure (22.5K) but not the volume (only 30-40%) I'l install the new FCA today after i obtain a 3.5mm L wrench

Which side of the filter is the pressure transducer on? You are building 22.5K psi at 30-40% load? Like I said pressure and volume are directly related, if you have pressure you have volume, no pressure means no volume. Pressure is a byproduct of volume. Your pressure but not volume comment is confusing me, when are you able to see 22.5K psi?

Which side of the filter is the pressure transducer on?

You are building 22.5K psi at 30-40% load? Like I said pressure and volume are directly related, if you have pressure you have volume, no pressure means no volume. Pressure is a byproduct of volume.

Your pressure but not volume comment is confusing me, when are you able to see 22.5K psi?

Geno's saved the day- (a tip from Michael)

The new FCA solved all the problems !!!

The 22 K psi FRP at idle is gone :hyper: at idle I have now the normal 7000 psi

and so is the pressure drop off (FRP down to 2k psi under load).

Thanks everyone !

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. What did you find out???:shrug:

Just changing one part- the FCA

solved both problems.

thanks