• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Internet Explorer 10 band-aid

• Owner

Hey Gang... I got a band-aid in place for Internet Explorer 10 users. I know there has been several complaints about the editor box not working properly. But I got a band-aid that is a META tag that forces the IE browser to act like IE9. This is only a temporary fix...

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />

I am on windows 8 now, maybe I will use this site with it to see if I find any issues. I used the developer preview months ago and never had a problem. I'm posting this with IE and its working better than ever.

• Like 1

• Owner

There is suppose to be a update to the CKE editor on the site and the update is suppose to deal with the IE10 issues and problems. But what is weird its only IE10 with the issues. Opera, Firefox and Chrome don't have any issues. :think:I got Firefox 20.0 and Opera 12.15 installed on my machine neither have problems. :shrug:

I am on windows 8 now, maybe I will use this site with it to see if I find any issues. I used the developer preview months ago and never had a problem. I'm posting this with IE and its working better than ever.

I just bought a new Toshiba with windows 8 and am having problems. trouble with pic uploads, cant make a paragraph, the back button not working right. I can still navigate around but it takes extra effort.

I just bought a new Toshiba with windows 8 and am having problems. trouble with pic uploads, cant make a paragraph, the back button not working right. I can still navigate around but it takes extra effort.

This is on IE right? I'll start using IE for this place the entire time, I keep reverting back to opera but I'll see if I can get IE to do something bad.

Yeah I noticed everything you said now. You can go back until you get to the main forum listings but it wont go back to whatever page you were on before the forum unless you click it 2 or 3 times really fast. I tried to post and the cursor was at the end of the quoted thing and the enter key wouldn't do crap to drop me down to where I could reply. I went back to opera and it worked fine. My mom has windows 8 and she was having issues with chrome working on this one website but using IE worked fine. There was a compatibility thinger on IE and now its gone. Guess they figure its compatible enough now.

• Owner

Funny... :lol:

Since I fell away from Microsoft products and went to Linux I've not had a single issue.

Firefox (20.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.3) - Works fine

Opera (12.15.1748) - Works Fine

Chrome (chromium-browser (25.0.1364.160-0ubuntu0.12.04.1)) - Works fine

Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 - Has issues

[*]CKEditor issues

Make things more funny. I can install Windows Vista or Windows 7 in a Virtual Box and run IE9 just fine. But cannot install Windows 8 in a Virtual Box at all. Won't even start to install or even boot. :think:

post-2-138698200388_thumb.jpg