• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another fuel sending unit question

My truck, since new, has had an ongoing fuel gauge issue. Warranty replaced it 3-4 times. Warranty ran out years ago, but occasionally it will freeze at full. The second to last time it got stuck at full, it started registering fuel level after driving on some bumpy, rutty forest roads. It froze again at full just before the new year, so yesterday, I took it off road to try some bumps and sure enough, it started working again. Anyone have any ideas what would cause it to stick and then get jarred loose by rough roads? Thanks.

• Staff

I just had my fuel module out and can see what Dripley is talking about. You want to turn it a little counter clockwise.Also check the wires connection on the top of the tank. Mine doesn't click in or lock anymore so I had to zip tie it.