• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Floor Jacks

I just got a free jack as well.Did you know there is 2 places to look at the fluid? Mine has a big regular screw driver head in the base.And one plug on the pulp it self.The one on the pump is the one you want to put fluid in.Yours may just have air in it.My guess is you have a seal thats leaking.Jack up something and leave it for a hr or so and measure it when you start.The old jack i have will drop a few inches in 2 hrs.And it leaks ,does yours?Do you have a hydraulic dealer close to home?They may have a seal you need?

• Owner

Also make sure your using the right oil too... I got desparate once and used ATF on a jack and got it to work but over time the ATF degraded badly. So I had a hell of a time trying to purge all the ATF out and reload with a good grade of Hydraulic oil. Once I did this I got full travel again! As for air bubble in the system you might have to leave the fill plug out and carefull raise and lower a few times to get the air out. Like mine I got air caught in it fill it and shoved the rubber plug back in... Well never the less it only travelled about half way and then when I released (lower) it shot the plug out with air pressure...:lmao: My jack is really old and needs to be replaced or I need to pull the welder out and weld it back together...:eek:

safety first :smart:my brother was lifting the back so i could inspect the drums.he looked over to me and said, "its getting really tough". of coarse, i called him a puss and told him to lift my truck. the next thing i know the jack breaks and he ended up punching the asphalt. :whistle: i never seen him so mad at me! but the jack said gm goodwrench 2.25 ton

i had a jack related problem yesterday when i went to jack up the engine with the shop crane. the dang thing wouldnt pump up for crap so i was forced to get a new 8 ton long ram at northern tool. :cry: i think the internal seals blew out? im going to take it apart and see if i could by chance source the seals at the local bearing/seal house. they can usually find one by od and id. i may get lucky and find that its just o rings? ive dealt with hydraulics but ive never messed with a chinese jack before.