• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Latest mod to the truck

Well, I finally went and did it...was a 8 hour round trip to pick up the bed, but I think it's going to be worth it! Decided to get rid of the dually bed, and replace it with a flatbed-went with a Bradford Built bed. I'm still in the process of pulling the old bed off, and getting the new one fitted, but here's a few pics of the trip!

One of these is mine!

Posted Image

This one, apparently!:lol:

Posted Image

My road trip partners!

Posted Image

Out with the old! Only thing left to do is pull the front 4 mounting bolts and lift it off...back bumper, receiver, wiring, and fuel filler are all disconnected.

Posted Image

In with the new! I've since cut out the built in gooseneck hitch, and will be reusing my B&W turnover ball that's currently mounted on the truck.

Posted Image

Well, got a lot accomplished today! Got the old bed off, the flatbed on, with the steel cross supports laid in place. I do need to add about 1/4 plate between the square stock I have, buy some channel to mount the front to the frame, do some drilling, welding, and wiring, but the hardest part is done! It'll probably take me a few days to finish off the rest of it all. Phone died on me, so no pics of how it sets today-will try and get some tomorrow!

Finished everything but the two trailer plugs today! All the lights work, bed is mounted, fuel filler is mounted, and everything is dandy!

After I pulled the bed off...had to take it for a drive, just because...it rode like crap! :lmao: I took it to the car wash, and hosed the frame down-figured I'd do it while the bed was off, and make it easy!

Posted Image

This was after I had dropped the bed on, but hadn't gotten everything mounted on yet-was still in the process of welding the back supports to the flatbed in this pic. I'll have to get another pic later, but it was dark by the time I finished up tonight...

Posted Image

Tail lights and running lights all working. The wiring was stupid simple, awesome job by Bradford Built!

Posted Image

With the reverse lights-it's pretty cool having the top two mounted high, throws a lot of light! And since I have my lights mounted on a switch, I can turn them on whenever I want too...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Happy lookin' family .... fun road trips!If I may ask ..... Is that flatdeck set-up new?Is there any major design changes you would like?What would the cost be for a changeover like yours.It suits your truck, and it'll be much more versatile.Thanks, Greg

• Like 1

I'll try to answer everything in this post right here! Macarena Man:This is new to me, the design has been around for a bit-the company name is Bradford Built.I'm pretty happy with the design, The only change I would like to see, and it's petty, is that the ring shackles on the flip sides are just a hair too small to run my standard chain link through-like, if I grind off the paint on the shackle, it might fit it...Other than that, I love the design.Price for a Bradford Built, like mine, which is minus the tool box on the front lower portion, is around $2700 out the door. Because I paid cash, and the retailer hooked me up, I was able to walk out the door at $2500 flat.MoparDave68:If your buddy has any questions, feel free to hit me up via PM, as I was kinda nervous about swapping out, until I really started looking at it, and realized it wasn't going to be THAT difficult...if my garage was bigger, it would have been a lot easier, to get the truck in and welded up. I'll take some pics of how I mounted it to the frame, later today...diesel4life:It did light up a lot quicker-only bad thing was trying to keep the rear end planted on the ground...without the weight on the bed, I seemed to find bumps in the road that didn't exist!:burnout::lol:

• Like 1

Nice flat bed. Now we need to see you hauling one ton hay bails on the bed of the truck. :wink:

:lmao: I think I'd have to let my wife convince me that we need more than just chickens, to justify that!

Here's a few more pics in the daylight...

Posted Image

Welds aren't the prettiest, but they will hold...just need to shoot some paint on them...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They're Weld Sidewinders, and they are aluminum...I'm not sure, but I think they're discontinued now though...

- - - Updated - - -

Bradford built is pretty common around here! Whatcha going to do with the old bed??:whistle::whistle: (I have finished up a 100k mile 'experiment' with running a box w/o a tailgate) :ashamed:

I haven't figured out yet what to do with the bed...debating between selling it all in pieces or as a whole-tailgate does have a nice dent on the top, where i hit it with a gn-wasn't high enough:doh: Only bad thing is I can't do shipping, it would all have to be local pickup...and I'm in NC...a bit a ways from where you are!

They're Weld Sidewinders, and they are aluminum...I'm not sure, but I think they're discontinued now though...

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't figured out yet what to do with the bed...debating between selling it all in pieces or as a whole-tailgate does have a nice dent on the top, where i hit it with a gn-wasn't high enough:doh: Only bad thing is I can't do shipping, it would all have to be local pickup...and I'm in NC...a bit a ways from where you are!

my tailgate is the ONLY thing worth a crap (behind the cab) :lmao:BTW..... WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE BLUE BARS RUNNING DOWN TO THE AXLE???

- - - Updated - - -

Nice flat bed. Now we need to see you hauling one ton hay bails on the bed of the truck. :wink:

Or better yet... get the hydro kit, and haul 2 at the same time! (one on the bed, the other hanging on for dear life out the back) makes for squirrely driving! Around here this winter, hay was 'disappearing' from our fields.... and there was ALWAYS a set of dually tracks right up to the hay piles..:banghead: Sheriff said too many people in the county have them to make any attempt to nab the culprit.. pretty easy to 'make' 4-500 bucks in one pass! Crime pays in my neck of the woods..:duh: