• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil pressure Gauge

But they went back up to 800 on some of the 06 and newer flashes. Guys really hate it too, I guess its noisy.

Mine really isn't much louder at 920. Seems like it starts getting noisy anywhere over 1000.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoe550IgJr0

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to confirm, the oil pressure gauge in my 01 is just an idiot gauge and does not really show oil pressure if the ECM has been reflashed? My gauge comes off of 0 and goes to around 60 when I turn the key on and don't even start. That doesn't seem to be correct.

Thanks Wulf for the added info, so my sender is inop it seems. I thought reading this post that what I was seeing was normal, which didn't seem right.Just called around and the sender is $256! Geez for that price it should never break! Can anyone else jump in and confirm that what is happening to the truck is indeed a defective sender? I'd hate to buy it and have it not fix the problem.For everyone's info...I installed a new sending unit yesterday and now my oil pressure gauge is at 0 before starting and reads over 40 when running and up to temp. Feel much better seeing it functioning! :hyper: Also for those reading this contemplating replacement, this is an easy job, BUT be aware that (as least on my truck) the old sender unit required a 1.25" deep socket to remove, and the new replacement sender only a 1.0625" to install.