• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Concealed Carry......................Finally

dorkweed

Has come to "The Peoples Republic of Illinois!!!!:hyper::hyper: It's "shall issue", but with a host of restrictions just to get it passed with the Chitcago reps and sens in Springfield. We'll work on the restrictions later.................many of them are where law abiding Chitcagoans need protection the most.:duh: Whatever!!!:banghead: The restrictions won't affect me............as I don't frequent those areas at all.:smart:The General Assembly over-rode an amendatory veto by our Gov................Governor Jello...............by a huge margin. Jello tried to add a multitude of more restrictions to the bill the the General Assembly passed, by they said FU by there huge over-ride margin.All that said, the first permits are still 8-9 months out at the earliest.:duh::wow:

• Owner

I still prefer the open carry over concealed carry. Less laws, less restrictions and everyone knows your packing and not to mess with you. Like my 9mm Star I carry is a real PITA to conceal and being comfortable while concealing it. I'm not going to wear my shoulder holster and be forced to wear a jacket over the top to prevent imprinting (the outline of weapon) under a shirt. Everyone knows I carry and no one has a problem with it. But I'm glad to see other states jumping on board and getting the protection to the honest citizens that need it and not writing laws that give the criminals the protection. Gun free zones is a invitation to a criminal to either do harm to others in a shooting or just rob others. Take notice majority shooting are done in a "Gun Free" area.

That's very interesting! I have always heard that you all had one of the most stringent set of gun laws on the books but Chicago is pretty much the murder capitol of the US. More killed there in a week than our service men loose in our foreign conflicts. Glad to hear that maybe some common sense is overtaking the liberal politician ruse.:smart:

That's good to hear! I saw that the Gov. had veto'd the bill, and was impressed when they overrode it:woot:!

- - - Updated - - -

I still prefer the open carry over concealed carry. Less laws, less restrictions and everyone knows your packing and not to mess with you. Like my 9mm Star I carry is a real PITA to conceal and being comfortable while concealing it. I'm not going to wear my shoulder holster and be forced to wear a jacket over the top to prevent imprinting (the outline of weapon) under a shirt. Everyone knows I carry and no one has a problem with it.

But I'm glad to see other states jumping on board and getting the protection to the honest citizens that need it and not writing laws that give the criminals the protection. Gun free zones is a invitation to a criminal to either do harm to others in a shooting or just rob others. Take notice majority shooting are done in a "Gun Free" area.

Open carry definitely has it's plus side, unfortunately in my neck of the wood's ,it can also cause a "disturbance" so even though it's legal it only takes one nervous nellie to get you spanked for inciting panic. I bet the Star would be pretty tough to conceal at though! :broke: I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9post-12735-138698206159_thumb.jpg 7+1 capacity,just put it in a IWB holster and no one ever knows it's there even in a T- shirt.:thumbup2:

Hmm? I wear a Kimber .45 4" in an OWB holster on the belt and only need an XL shirt to cover it.

I'll agree , you can cover a 1911 with a very loose fitting shirt, that's left untucked, but for honest every day carry, especially in warm weather, it's going to be pretty difficult to consistently conceal anything in a OWB holster. I actually started out carrying a 1911, but for T-shirts and warm weather ,casual wear, it just didn't work for me . What works great for one , may not work at all for another, everyone's different. Ultimately crafting my dress code around a firearm wasn't my goal . I wanted one that that allowed me to incorporate it into my normal, everyday routine, be accurate and dependable, and have the lethality needed for it's purpose.

Hmm? I wear a Kimber .45 4" in an OWB holster on the belt and only need an XL shirt to cover it.

Colt Defender .45 over here, no issues concealing on a skinny framed body :cool: Everyone has their preferance, you just need to be comfortable with what you choose and know the laws. Personally I don't like the restrictions of open carry (which Ohio is btw), it can be a real hassle arming and disarming yourself (and trying to remember where its appropriate). Like being in a vehicle for instance. If I'm on the road travelling in unfamiliar territory the last thing I want to do is remove the clip from my pistol and stash it somewhere out of reach. :think: