• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Occasional Dead Pedal

Hi all,I'm having this problem with a 99, 5 speed, fairly stock, ~25,000 miles on new injector pump , little bullydog 'chip' and BHAF. I'll be going down the road normal, and suddenly I'll loose all power, it just wants to idle. Now if I hit the clutch, and let the fuel pedal all the way out, then push it all the way back in, and let it all the way out again, it's fixed, and I have power again. and when it has this problem the check engine light turns on and stay on for about 30 minutes. I understand checking for codes would be very helpful, a friend of a friend may have a code checker I can use but I'm not sure. Is there something I can do with the key to check for codes?thank you for the help.

What kind of fuel pressure are you seeing? Idle and wot. I went thru the same thing and fixing my lift pump situation cleared it up. When it happened to mine i would have to restart the engine and it would work like normal until it happened again. Get the codes read and it will help a lot.

I am having the exact same issues and i have these codesp0753p0713p0720p1763p1765p1693I noticed something though that may make this information invalid. The odometer is not showing me niether p ecm or p pcu and i am not getting to p done messages. So something weird is going on.