• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hooked to a sled this morning

bjytech

Decided to enter my truck in the open truck pull at the local fair today and pulled 205.68ft and placed 3rd in a class of 8 "work stock" diesels. It was my first time pulling and it was a lot of fun, I probably looked like this when I got out of my truck at he end.:cummins:

• Like 1

Where about is Holmes county? Our fair (Ashtabula County) is this weekend also. We watched The Lucas series Wednesday night, those boys are for real. 10K rpm on a gas only NA engine :drool:. I was having serious thoughts about running my truck tomorrow but works calling again and I won't be able to make it.

I actually left the hole at about 20psi then saw 40psi going down the track (more than I wanted to see on the stock turbo) As for power mods with what I have done I'm making close to 350hp and 750ft.lb. of torque (that is if the dyno feature of the OBDII app on my phone is as accurate as they claim it is.) Any how it's enough power that I was able to really light up the stock clutch in 4th and 5th gears if I put the skinny pedal down.

Our fair (Ashtabula County) is this weekend also. We watched The Lucas series Wednesday night, those boys are for real. 10K rpm on a gas only NA engine :drool:. I was having serious thoughts about running my truck tomorrow but works calling again and I won't be able to make it.

You are talking about where I grew up! I have been to the Ashtabula County Fair many times and am going to be in Windsor next week!

You are talking about where I grew up! I have been to the Ashtabula County Fair many times and am going to be in Windsor next week!

Talk about a small world!! I've lived in the area most of my life, except about 10 years in Wyoming. I'm currently living near Pymatuning Lake (Andover) What brings you to Windsor? Family?

Talk about a small world!! I've lived in the area most of my life, except about 10 years in Wyoming. I'm currently living near Pymatuning Lake (Andover) What brings you to Windsor? Family?

PM sent.
  • Like 1

Normally they have a fixed chain on the front of the sled and just shackle or pin it to your hitch.

Ah! Cause I've seen a vid of a guy lose the sled before. Maybe its not a standardized thing... You guys are really tempting me to try this whole sled pull thing! I'd probably get into trouble, though!