• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge and airdog deal, is it worth it?

Okay local guy just did Ppump conversion and is selling edge juice W/ attitude(has original box all instructions everything is there supposedly) and airdog 150. I can for sure get both for 800, maybe 750. should i?I just got my 02 3500 6spd HO with jacobs exhaust brake. i've added BHAF and will be installing iispro ev guages(FP, pyro, Boost) tomorrow. this is my first diesel. I'm not completely new to them(was hay farm mechanic and now union equipment operator) but am completely new to modding them. From my research over the last month and a half of having the truck an airdog/raptor/fass lift pump was going to be a definate mod along with chip was aiming towards edge, so it seams like a good opportunity but not positive on how good a deal this is for used parts for a cummins since i am so new to them.Was planning on just getting a 4" exhaust and wait till next season to move on to buying chip and fuel system. But this seams like a good deal and maybe i should splurge and get it and then just be cheap delete my stock muffler for the time being for lowering EGTs. I DD the truck and tow either a big 4 horse gooseneck or a 12 foot flatbed with my 4k# crawler most weekends, and a lot of that is in the mountains. any input would be appreciated

Well, this is where some will agree and disagree. I personally would not mind having the attitude. But some say it is not worth it.The Attitude is going to come with your edge comp chip incorporated into it with a slew of other things like gauge readouts, etc. So you would not need any gauges. Just make sure that for whatever you want to monitor has the senders and harnesses, etc.Some will say to just KISS it and go with seperate gauges. As if one gauge goes, the others don't go with it. If the attitude malfunctions, you lose all of your monitoring. Best case scenario at that point is to turn off the power mods on it and anything easy until you get it fixed.You won't have a warranty with the Attitude and if something was wrong with it, you would have to send it in to get fixed. Longer wait time for them to get it, diagnose and fix then send back. That is, if it is fixable. I dunno how often one of them go out on a person, but I think EDGE is a quality company.The airdog is a good match for you. It also depends on what manufacture date it was too as some portions of Airdogs seem to have more problems than others. This will also be a problem for you as you would not have a warranty for it either. If its the airdog 2, chances are it would be a reliable one.A 4" exhaust will not be necessary if you plan on staying close to stock...Oh yea, if they are not older units and have not had too much wear on them, its a real good deal. An attitude complete, would be around $1100. Retail together your looking around $1700.

I recently had to disconnect my Banks unit and the pyro and boost gauges will not work with out it. I am installing some separate gauges so that never happens again. Its all a matter of how you want to do it. Good prices, but as Hex mentioned, no warranty. They are both good products and should have a good life span, but they are used and might last 5 years or 5 hours. All depends on your comfort level with used parts and your budget also.

$800 is a about right money for the two parts.Both are high quality and you will enjoy.I'd look at it this way ...... for $800 you can really wake up your truck and give it the fuel it needs. If for some reason you don't like it later or want something different - pull it off you'll get your $800 back.:thumbup2:

Agreed with all the above. when I put a used EJwA on my '01, it was like WOW!! A Whole New Truck, it seemed!

I paid $300 for my used EJwA + Hot Unlock, but I got a better than average deal, IMO.

However, shortly after, the FP gauge portion quit working, so I added a manual gauge. Then one day, the display went out completely.. A few days later, it came back, but I had no gauge info during that time.

So I concur on the separate gauge setup in addition to the programmer.

• Like 1