Sign in to follow this  
Fastlane17

Smoke switch

I know. I know. It is 100% for pictures. I have one. With a resistor spliced in. And haven't noticed any gains... Any and all help would be appreciated. HELP.

I have a very small amount of knowledge on smoke switches, so I won't be of any help, but I am curious as to what kind of gain you are looking for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I know what gain he is going to get, but I too would like to know what gains the OP is looking for...

I'm literally looking for Smoke. And nothing else.

Why? All you are doing is wasting fuel and your money. Also, why do you suppose there are all the diesel particulate filters and urea tanks on trucks? People don't like to see the smoke and complain to the EPA and then we have worse laws to deal with.
  • Like 2

I only wanted helo. I've heard it all about EPA. And it's for photos. If you don't want to help. Don't comment. Please. Like I said. I've heard allAbout it. But in private property out in the country very little EPA will see.

I recall him stating it was just for pictures, and hopefully that is the ONLY reason. While pictures are still not great publicity if they are personal then oh well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes. I did have (past tense) a smoke switch. Yes it produces smoke but the function of it created more problems than its worth. Like mine all I got to do is unhook the MAP sensor with my Edge Comp and the smoke rolls. So all I did was add a switch on the MAP signal lead. Edge Comp would drive the ECM signal to max boost.Problem... Max boost means max retarded timing. Which in turns means lower MPG's and lower power. So after about year or so I ditched it completely. I would say smoke switch is junk idea. Even with a truck build for power that does produce smoke tend to just prove your a poor tuner. Because a good tuner should be capable of making big horse power with little smoke. I'm at around 400 HP now and have little to no smoke and proud of it! Basically smoke switch drives the MAP signal to the highest boost without tripping the over boost code or defueling.27.2 MPG... Catch me if you can.post-2-138698208792_thumb.jpg

pull an intercooler coupler off. It'll smoke like a tire fire. :lmao:I blew a coupler apart once while hauling 15,000lb trailer up a 7% grade.. I basically shut the 4-lane road down due to zero visibility.. :thumb1:And my EGTs sky-rocketed.

• Like 1

Basically, what you're creating is a whole bunch of fuel in the cylinders without the accompaniment of adequate air for proper combustion.Too much (relatively) and you wash down the cylinder walls of their lubrication, which is a new problem all together. Also the chance for excess fuel to make its way past the rings and into the oil.Granted, these are worst-case scenarios, but valid and probable concerns.

Mike, Rogan............you can lead the proverbial horse to water....................but you cannot make him swallow if his mind is already made up.:duh::cookoo:The emoticons are for the OP.

Well you put us to the test and found out no one gets there head bit off. Just the truth is told to the poster the best way we can. But back to the smoke thing. I found this out about smoke. I've got a speed zone in New Meadows, ID from 25, 35, to 55 MPH. All the locals know this and what you do is get to the 35 MPH speed limit sign doing 35 MPH get into 4th gear and mat the throttle. Take note of your speed at the 55 MPH sign which is about 180 feet from the 35 speed limit sign. Set on 5x5 with the full cloud of smoke I'm doing 61-62 MPH at the 55 MPH. Set on 5x3 which in nearly smoke less for me I cross the sign at 65 MPH. This has been witness by my friend in New Meadows, ID. So just more food for thought...Yeah I know your just yanking everyones chain... :tongue:

Maybe I'm missing something but when did everyone become so afraid of a little smoke? My new trucks won't roll any coal but my 01 will. There are quite a few prius owners that know that well. Just put a switch on the map sensor and it will smoke like freight train.I'm really surprised that the OP was scolded so hard. I guess I'd get scolded too if your truck could keep up with mine!! :tease::tease:Black smoke don't mean it's broke!