• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts about Raptor pumps

• Owner

I got my shot to install another Raptor pump. They seem to getting worse all the time now. The base frame bracket is now a composite plastic of some sort. Can't even tight up the bolt enough to set the lock washers. It seem to start bowing really faster and looking like you could break the corners off. The since its plastic they had to make it thicker now. So now the plates don't fit behind the existing fuel line line with old school steel plates. You've got to lever the steel lines up to get the plastic plate behind it. Oh make sure to pull one holder bolt so you can. Then with all the quick connect fittings. The 2 fittings right at the pump are wiggle loose right out of the box. I can see this going bad in a very short time for the owner. The pump itself seem to be a good pump. I wasn't impressed with fact the Pureflow included two push lock fitting to trim there hoses down. It would of been better to go back to the old school roll of hose and push lock JIC's and been done. The new quick connect fitting rely on o-rings to seal the fittings where Push Lock JIC's had tapers to seal the fittings. Still cannot do custom installs with the new quick connect system. If it was me I would of install the pump up be the bed side to guard it more for the owner since he uses the truck offroad. But since it pre-cut hose I force to mount the pump in the damage path of the front tires.I did manage to toss a bit of custom install to it which can be done. Near the back of the engine on the frame rail there was a nice hole large enough to for the hose and the electrical so I ran it from there to the larger hole at the transfer case. At that point I only had about 1 foot exposed. Then since the owner had the bed off I was able to run the hose along the stock line up to the tank top. Looks very good.

• Like 2

I started hearing about the quick disconnects after installing my ADII and joining here. Mine has been on for 2.5 years with no problem. When I put mine on they would not come off without depressing the relaese though. But if they ever do cause trouble I would replace them push lock JIC's and be done with it. I think Pureflow would have been better of not cheapening the manufacturing process to save money and instead keeping the quality up. Folks probably would have paid a little more for the old reliability the Raptors had a reputation for.

• Like 1

I have installed many with the quick connects and, knock on wood, no leaks so far. I just ordered 2 ad2 165's and opened the one box for the one I am putting on my truck and seen the composite plates. I have been using that opening in the frame for the fuel line and wiring, I really like the way it cleans everything up. I also have a rubber cap that I put over the end of the fuel line to keep junk out of the line when pushing it through. Hopefully pureflow has got their poop in a group with these pumps

• Staff

I started hearing about the quick disconnects after installing my ADII and joining here. Mine has been on for 2.5 years with no problem. When I put mine on they would not come off without depressing the relaese though. But if they ever do cause trouble I would replace them push lock JIC's and be done with it. I think Pureflow would have been better of not cheapening the manufacturing process to save money and instead keeping the quality up. Folks probably would have paid a little more for the old reliability the Raptors had a reputation for.

I agree 100% with this. On mine, in order to clear the fuel lines with the steel plates I cut horse stall matt rubber to fit in between. But I don't know if the bolts would still be long enough for that.