• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

(Very) Quiet AirDog

I have a AirDog on my 2001 and today realized that I don't hear it running when I first key on. I checked and it is getting power. I can feel it vibrating when the truck was running but can't hear anything from it. Regrettably my fuel pressure gauge isn't working, and I've been to lazy to replace it. Does anyone else have one running that quiet? Figure with not have the fuel pressure I'm kind of in a guessing game. Think I may be best off not running her until I replace the gauge. Also if the AirDog is out, is the VP44 strong enough to pull the fuel from the tank, and through the AirDog?

I definitely wouldn't run the truck until you got a gauge.Bump the starer (without letting the truck start) and the Airdog should run for 30 seconds. That way you can jump out of the truck and listen to it.Sadly, the new Airdogs are known for crapping out very quick. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If the AirDog has gone out what do you guys recommend replacing it with? Wish I had done more research before buying the AirDog. Sad to see a good product (at least I thought) lose their quality. And I had someone bump the truck while I was under it and this time it came on like I was used to hearing it. Next time it kind of hit on and off as the started bumped. Wondering if somethings loose. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Check your connections, maybe add some di-electric grease. If you sent your warranty card in, if after troubleshooting it, you should be able to get a replacement.When I got my first AD, the pump burnt out in less than a year. Seals on the motor went bad and diesel fuel got in it and ruined it. They promptly sent me a new pump no questions asked and I've had this one over a year now no problems.If I were you, check out the mechanical lift pumps like, DTT Assassin and Fuel boss. The great thing about it, is now you have the extra parts from the airdog and can make it an even better setup...

• Like 1

I just installed two airdog 2-165s this weekend. Yes, pureflow has been going though some quality issues but hopefully they got them fixed. I have warrantied two pumps (raptors) no questions asked. One of the airdogs is on my dd so i trst their product. The key thing is the preasure gauge to monitor the pump

I respect your opinion on the AirDogs but, I work for myself. I turn wrenches for I living and deliver cars and what not for people. Last run took me form northern Idaho to central California. I really don't want to be sitting in BFE because I hoped they got their quaility control fixed. And if I stick a product on a customers truck that goes out in a couple months... that's a hurtful comeback, regardless of if they warranty with no questions asked. If my pump is out and they are continuing to have issues there is no way I can put another one on. Do need to replace the fuel pressure gauge for sure. I hope that the pump is working correctly. I really like the AirDog but reliability is very important to me.

When did you purchase your AD Hex?

It was like Sept. of 2011? :think: Went about 6-8 months on the first pump and then went to the grocery store one day down the street. Got back in to go home after getting the groceries and did not notice the pump prime. Thats when I noticed. Checked the fuse and it was blown. Replaced it, kept blowing. Had it brought home on a flatbed tow truck. So I've had this 2nd one now for about 1 1/2 years, no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I respect your opinion on the AirDogs but, I work for myself. I turn wrenches for I living and deliver cars and what not for people. Last run took me form northern Idaho to central California. I really don't want to be sitting in BFE because I hoped they got their quaility control fixed. And if I stick a product on a customers truck that goes out in a couple months... that's a hurtful comeback, regardless of if they warranty with no questions asked. If my pump is out and they are continuing to have issues there is no way I can put another one on. Do need to replace the fuel pressure gauge for sure. I hope that the pump is working correctly. I really like the AirDog but reliability is very important to me.

I understand where you are coming from. But IMHO, unfortunately there is not one single company out there that has not gone through their years without problems.

Yea, a fuel pressure gauge is paramount! Even if you have an AD and its working properly, you don't know whether or not its at the correct pressures.

HEY! I also noticed, you live in spirit lake! Maybe we can meet someday!

I have my OEM block mounted Carter and fuel lines still in place for back up purposes. Unplug my AD, plug the Carter back in, and turn a few valves under the truck and back on my way. It is sad that's what things have come to, between the rash of unreliable pumps and the VP being the most sensitive pump to low fuel pressure JR

It was like Sept. of 2011? :think: Went about 6-8 months on the first pump and then went to the grocery store one day down the street. Got back in to go home after getting the groceries and did not notice the pump prime. Thats when I noticed. Checked the fuse and it was blown. Replaced it, kept blowing. Had it brought home on a flatbed tow truck. So I've had this 2nd one now for about 1 1/2 years, no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand where you are coming from. But IMHO, unfortunately there is not one single company out there that has not gone through their years without problems.

Yea, a fuel pressure gauge is paramount! Even if you have an AD and its working properly, you don't know whether or not its at the correct pressures.

HEY! I also noticed, you live in spirit lake! Maybe we can meet someday!

You're right about that. They all do seem to have some sort of issue at some point.