• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So had the thought after changing my FASS 150 gph filter's and still only holding 13psi same at idle, driving and 12 1/2WOT. Would it be at all benifical to place a inline fuel pump between the FASS and VP44? When i changed the lift pump on our work truck only cost $150 at napa and it was a simple two wire horisontial pump with a inlet and outlet not the stock canister type and it really moved the fuel (No Gauge we bucket tested it). Would it raise the PSI or just pull the fass more with no real affect. In a sense burning the fass pump up. Just a thought kinda like a Dual CP3 on newer truck's. Any thought's?

In theory, it should increase the pressure. However, I would be more concerned that your FASS isn't working properly. Mine pushes 15-16psi. My pressure only really drops if my filters get dirty or if I have an air leak on the suction (tank side) of the FASS. I suspect an issue with the fass itself, that you have a leaky connection on teh tank side that is allowing very small amounts of air and thus decreasing the efficiency of the pump, or that your ball check valve on the return side of the VP44 is not working. Just a guess at that stuff though. :think:

I ran a booster pump with my in tank pump for near 4 years and it worked fine. I did this about 7 years ago and was pretty ignorant about fuel pressure at the time. I did not have a FP gauge either, just connected a test gauge to it and it always sat around 17# at idle, did not know anything about WOT pressure at the time. I have to agree there is something wrong with what you have now. Air leak, regulator spring or such. Would not hurt to check it out and find the problem. The Fass by itself should be more than enough pump when working properly.

Thanks for the tips guy's much appriceated and i contacted FASS through facebook and asked them about the low psi they asked if i had checked the little spring and ball as y'all suggested. It rained for hours today and was unable to check but i do see a crack in the line toward the front and it is very very dry rotted the whole length of the hose so gonna order a new 1/2 line kit as they also suggested from Vulcan performance. next friday and will fill y'all in at that point. Thank's again