• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where not to park a truck!

"We just ran outside, and that's when we saw the truck in the house. So, I just ran right into the front door because I didn't know if Sue was in her bedroom""I just grabbed her. Then, they told us to hurry up and get out because it was leaking gas." I am assuming the way it was written they are talking about the truck. The fact that TV Shows and the media make motor vehicle fuels out to be so volatile probably causes more property loss and injury than the accidents them self. If the truck is leaking fuel then turn it off. Explosions with cars are rare, especially diesels. I think I would be far more worried about the safety of the structure than a bit of leaking diesel fuel.

I had a customer that opened his door into traffic... 3 different vehicles... and each time a passing vehicle took it off... funny thing was he always claimed it was the other guy's fault. WTF? I'm not a big believer in coincidences...

I had a customer that opened his door into traffic... 3 different vehicles... and each time a passing vehicle took it off... funny thing was he always claimed it was the other guy's fault. WTF? I'm not a big believer in coincidences...

I have a father in law like that. Honestly I am give a person a chance, but how many times can fate hand you a crappy card? At some point in time you have to be the cause.

There are lots of places not to park your truck... or leave your wife in it! She jumped when the floorboards got wet! Guy had snuck into the Marina to use their ramp without paying, he was getting the boat... not quick enough!

Posted Image

I was the diver who put the cable on it, rode the running boards coming out. It had been fully submerged in salt water. The jack-knifed trailer did not fare well either. We had the Marina next door... kept my gear in the office.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Tell you what... it was kind of hard to deny with one wet to the waist wifee staring out at the oil slick rising from the bubbling truck! The guy was trying to cheat on a $10 ramp fee... I got paid more than that to go down & put a hook on it. Come to think of it, the yard truck was a Dodge Power Wagon with a winch on the front. They put a chain from a "dead man" (concrete anchor set in the ground) to the trailer hitch on the rear. Engaged the winch & wound the cable in. Oh, yeak, the yard charged him too for pulling the truck out. A shame, nice classic truck... after a sinking, never can get the salt out.The guy had backed the trailer into the water & left the wife in the running truck with the E-brake set. Like I said when the floor boards got wet, she bailed or I'd have had to do a body recovery! The truck had gome all the way to the mud bottom on the salt pond (opened into the ocean) right off the end of the gravel ramp. When the trailer stopped the truck overran it but stayed coupled bending the tonge. The yard had tried to hook the bump with a grapel but had no luck since the truck was in the mud & the bumper flush against the gravel. It was only about 10 feet of water but you can drown in a tea cup.