• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hood sound insulator

I can't speak for each individual but mine has not been an issue to date. Of course there are much hotter climates than where I am and that might possibly have something to do with it. I also don't spend a lot of time idling or low speed city driving. Most all of my miles are rural so I've constantly got cool air coming into the engine. For a point of reference, my Mustang GT has never had insulation under the hood, nor has our Mountaineer. I realize the turbo would be the primary area of concern compared to a normally aspirated engine, but it has not been a problem for me to date.Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Oh, you mean that nifty mouse habitat. Make them critters comfy so they can chew your wires & filters. In the end, I ripped it out. I miss the insulation on the cowel area as it made the cab louder (wife wears eat buds anyway). Hood insulation, is no issue.

UV's is my though on that. The 1996 Dodge was left outside most of its life here and the paint that is exposed to direct UV's rays seems to be failing. Roof and top of hood. But the doors and fenders are fine and good condition.

I sanded mine clear coat and applied some from a rattle can. Made the roof much nicer. Gonna do the hood one day soon. I did not fix any of the scratches but it still looks 100% better than it did.

At one point I had screened all my vehicles air intakes with malleable gutter guard mesh. A few self drilling screws. The Dodge cowel drains (where the cabin air enters in front of the windshield) are located behind the hood hinges. I stuffed behind the hinges with SS Steel wool (pot scrubber) and no more mice in the heater either. I found the corrugated air cleaner hose on my 79 Chevy C30 plugged with paper towels... the mice had dragged from the horse trailer we were packing for a trip... blew black smoke like a steam locomotive under load. (Funny it ran fine empty... not enough air for 454 power). I screened my JD410, wife's Subaru, 97 Cirrus. My neighbor lost the heater motor in his wife's new Saturn... to a mouse nest. I screened that after the dealer tagged him ("warrantee does not cover rodent damage") $800. At the same time we found his air cleaner box nearly full of acorns. Both their cars! More gutter guard.