• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Inside VP44?

I am in the middle of changing another VP I have done so many of these I keep one in stock on the shelf in my shop, but i have 8 of these trucks to keep going. Anyway I have been trying to figure more out about this pump, at least why they fail, more to the point why mine fail. I normally take them off send them away and thats it. I know it is either the electronics or the mechanical part. My question is has anyone went in a dead pump to see.

Most of these trucks are drove by people that work for us so I havent invested much money in after market products, that being said yes they all have gauges weather the drivers ever look at them idk least they tell me they do when i asked the driver this question he told me 15 or 16.

Next thing that I read about is using two stroke oil in the fuel, but I can imagine that would be a royal PITA for your drivers............. Some pumps have mechanical issues and some have electrical issues. Maybe someone that knows more about the VP pumps will chime in. I know the P7100 trucks a bit better.......

I have a junk VP all packaged up ready to send to Mike, it's been sitting in the garage for the better part of a month now, I will get it out soon I PROMISE!!!. I was going to dissect it just to see what they're made of, but thought it would benefit everyone more if someone did it and documented it. I think Mike would be much better at that end of it than I.JR

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they would accept a core knowing that you were inside it. They are very finicky about cores. The one that I have was given to me by a guy that tried to change the pump without knowing what he was doing. He tried to pry the gear off the front and chewed up the nose of the pump in the process and they rejected the pump as a core. JR

If a pump has signs of being opened the pump core is denied. So if you send me a pump you not going to be able to use for a core.

I'm not sure if they would accept a core knowing that you were inside it. They are very finicky about cores. The one that I have was given to me by a guy that tried to change the pump without knowing what he was doing. He tried to pry the gear off the front and chewed up the nose of the pump in the process and they rejected the pump as a core. JR

:thumbup: JR