• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Abs light on after HVAC box removal

I had to repair my heater blend door, thus requiring me to loosen and pull back the dash to remove HVAC box. After reassembly, my abs light is on. Chkd fuses, they're ok. Suggestions?

thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, just got back from a short drive and the light went off. Anything to be concerned about?

• Staff

This may be a dumb question.... but is there maybe a way to cut out the side of the HVAC for repairs and upgrades instead of all the dash removal?I would use diamond plate to mend the cut outs. Making access holes for future repairs.

I suppose so if:1) you had a very good knowledge of the box interior and 2) you knew exactly what was wrong. Also, it's tight quarters under there. I've removed the box twice now. It sounds a lot worse than it really is, and I can assure you, I'm no gear head.

• Like 1

• Staff

I was thinking of having full access to keep it clean and functioning well. Possibly even installing an air filter. I don't know for sure but, it would be nice to simply unscrew some black diamond plate or plates that let you work in there. Kinda like an HVAC crew that cleans duct work and cuts access to the main plenum.Another reason I bring this up is because of my cracked dash... don't want to make it worse taking things apart.Any other thoughts about this are appreciated.

I can identify with the cracked dash. I waited for a while before I replaced my evaporator due to mine being in such bad shape. Got the new dash and rebuilt the hvac box. The evaporator is sandwiched between the top and bottom sections and pulls straight up out of the bottom section not to mention the lines go thru the fire wall. You pretty much have to break it open to work on it. Taking it out is not that difficult once you get over the initial scare of it. It did mine by reading Mikes article. Its really as easy as it reads.

• Like 1