• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Isspro Gauge Wiring Question

I have a Isspro mechanical fuel gauge in my truck. I never got around to hooking up the light for the gauge. I very rarely drive the truck at night. The question I have is..there are two prongs on the back of the gauge. Does it matter which one is the hot and which one is the ground? Neither of them are marked with a + or - sign. Also, I am wondering if you guys have had good luck using "add-a-fuse" connectors? FP gauge is the only after market electrical accessory I have on the truck. I was thinking of using the add a fuse connectors to get a power source out of the panel. Wondering if you guys have had good success using those?Or if I should use another way to splice and get power for the light.post-12369-138698211358_thumb.jpgThanks.

Yes, I have used those piggybacks before with no problems. Just make sure you don't overload them. If your just using one to light a few gauges you will have plenty of amps to spare those little lights draw next to nothing for power. Can't really comment on the wiring of the gauge light without seeing it. Maybe a picture would help a little. Do they look identical in the way they are connected to the back?

• Staff

Use either wire for the hot (+) side of the blub. It's a DC system so it doesn't mater. I took my power of the orange wire at fuse #5. That fuse is after the light dimmer switch. Wired that way you will be able to dim the light and it will have a 5amp fuse protecting the circuit. This is how I did my 4 gauges.