• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

200F thermostat

340duster

Has anyone tried a 200F thermostat on a 5.9 common rail? With winter here, I am hoping to get some more in cab heat when Idling around town. I was thinking of trying a 200f thermostat. I see some guys in the 2nd Gen forum are trying them, any experience on 3rd gens?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Just seeing this thread. The programming is based on a 190 thermostat, meaning the fan operation is also based on that. Running a 200 and not towing shouldn't be an issue, but of you do any towing you will have a lot of fan on I time. 100% fan is commanded somewhere around 215, and a 200 thermostat is going to be full open around 215-217, and like 225 when very heavy. I would really like to run a 200, but the programming isn't there. I will add that if you have heat issues with a 190 then a 200 won't fix them, you have other issues like a plugged heater core. I get plenty of hot air in the cab at -25. I do highly recommend a winter front.