• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
340duster

200F thermostat

Has anyone tried a 200F thermostat on a 5.9 common rail? With winter here, I am hoping to get some more in cab heat when Idling around town. I was thinking of trying a 200f thermostat. I see some guys in the 2nd Gen forum are trying them, any experience on 3rd gens?

Unknown... :shrug: But I don't see too much issues with it. I did hear that AH64ID said something about the fan clutch?

I read this in another thread as well, never heard of reprogramming the fan engagement, hopefully he sees this and can chime in. I am curious too.:think:

Just seeing this thread. The programming is based on a 190 thermostat, meaning the fan operation is also based on that. Running a 200 and not towing shouldn't be an issue, but of you do any towing you will have a lot of fan on I time. 100% fan is commanded somewhere around 215, and a 200 thermostat is going to be full open around 215-217, and like 225 when very heavy. I would really like to run a 200, but the programming isn't there. I will add that if you have heat issues with a 190 then a 200 won't fix them, you have other issues like a plugged heater core. I get plenty of hot air in the cab at -25. I do highly recommend a winter front.