• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Look out below.

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Look out below the temperature are going to drop to single digits for my place. That means batten down the hatches and move to the living room for sleeping area. It just too cold at those temperatures to heat the entire house so we shut down the bedrooms and the extra rooms down stairs and just heat the living room & kitchen. Take notice its going to break minimum temp records for those days. Oh man its going to be minus temps in New Meadows, ID proper... Ekkk...post-2-138698211624_thumb.jpg

Don't feel too bad. We hit about -3*F this morning and it got up to +23*F this afternoon. It is 22*F as I type this. How much snow are you supposed to get Monday/Tuesday? That storm is supposed to bring us up to 12" of the white crap by Wed night.

Have had to mornings in the single digits this week since I've gotten back from Arkansas. The furnace kicked on a couple times last night and the night before last. I have it set on 58*.If'n my stove had a larger firebox, I could keep up the temps in the house overnight. I've not trained myself to get up a 2:00AM and reload the stove yet!!

hehehe............welcome to Grand Forks, I warned you about that part of the state lol.You will get used to it after a while, sounds funny but come spring when the temps hit the mid 20's and sunny everyone will be in tee shirts again and once it breaks into the 30's you will see folks wearing shorts again.

• Like 1

• Staff

Do you guys have mandated smog devices on your wood stoves? Oregon sure does. When you get a new stove the firebox is alot smaller with all these cross tube manifolds over the top and preheated air intakes. And you can't shut them down all the way anymore either.If you have one of the good ole' stoves you cannot sell your home till you change it to the new type. They made it illegal to sell the old one as well.

Just a big old open steel stove. I have to admit I would like a newer high efficiency stove though, they use a lot less wood for the same amount of heat and do not smoke as much and leave hardly any ashes. I have a couple of friends with them and other than the high cost to purchase they are awesome stoves from what I have seen and hear. In Bozeman where my sister in laws boyfriend built his large home in a Mt valley they have laws against wood burning after a certain day in November/December due to the amount of smoke that hangs in the air in the valleys and doesn't move. I do not know the specifics on if it specific to home fire places or not but they can not burn outdoor camp fires or brush piles.

• Owner

Maybe Dorkweed will let you borrow some of his wood when you run low.......................:lol3:

No. I think it the other way around I think Dorkweed will be asking for my extra wood I've got over 14 cords. :tease:

Have had to mornings in the single digits this week since I've gotten back from Arkansas. The furnace kicked on a couple times last night and the night before last. I have it set on 58*. If'n my stove had a larger firebox, I could keep up the temps in the house overnight. I've not trained myself to get up a 2:00AM and reload the stove yet!!

Furnace? Thermostat? What the heck are those? I don't have either device in either building. Just a wood stove in both the main house and the guest house. So I have the task of firing up both stoves and heating both houses.